Narrowed down, now the $$$$$ question of value

/ Narrowed down, now the $$$$$ question of value #1  

Joemac8

Tractor
None
For my 20 acres of mostly wooded far Northern Wisconsin land, I like the green brand. (Old "want" based on pure emotion). I figure that I will need the 3 series and want 25 hp at the PTO.

I looked at 3032E and 3033R. I went to the local JD dealer (in town) and got prices. I have no idea if his prices are good or not so good.

I want this to be my last tractor so I don't want to under buy, nor do I want to over buy either. I will get a FEL. The E has a standard D160 whereas the R has a H160 which is esay off.

My question is this: Is the R worth $5,900 more? Is it that much more tractor??
Please chime in

/ Narrowed down, now the $$$$$ question of value #3  
Couple questions come to mind. How much are you willing to spend an what kind of work will you be doing? Just at a quick glance I looked at the 3 point lift and the 3033R lifts almost 1000 lbs more. Comparing to two side by side for me is a no-brainer. 3033R. I would rather have too much than not enough.

/ Narrowed down, now the $$$$$ question of value #4  
My question is this: Is the R worth $5,900 more? Is it that much more tractor??
Please chime in

In short, yes. The 3032E is very light for it's power. The 3033R can lift almost half again as much on the loader to full height. The 3033R has more creature comforts standard, and more weight. Weight is work when it comes to tractors. The 3032E would make a good mower, but in terms of anything requiring traction or lift the 3033R would run rings around it. I believe the 3033R has three range hydro, vs the High/Low on the 3032E.

Now, for the crux of the matter. Is the 3033R worth the extra to you? No-one else can answer that question. You have to look at what you plan on doing and weigh the extra cost against the increased capabilities and comfort.

/ Narrowed down, now the $$$$$ question of value #5  
Get the R if you want the better tractor. Get the E if cost is the main factor (there really is nothing else compelling about the E other than cost).

/ Narrowed down, now the $$$$$ question of value #6  
The "R" get's my vote.

Ronnie

/ Narrowed down, now the $$$$$ question of value #7  
They say you never miss the money once it is gone . Go for the better machine .

/ Narrowed down, now the $$$$$ question of value #8  
I don't see many similarities between these tractors except color and power rating. I prefer split brakes for the woods, the three range ehydro transmission, the H165 fel with increased height and lifting capability to name a few. The 3033R is the better choice.

If I were buying a tractor this size I would give the 3046R and 3039R a close look too. Not only for higher pto ratings but for pulling hills with loaded trailers.

/ Narrowed down, now the $$$$$ question of value #9  
If you are buying the tractor because you just want John Deere green - then get the E. If you are buying the tractor because you need one and are going to work it - then the R.

If you plan on working the land and want one that will retain its value over the loooong haul - then the R.

Remember, if you choose correctly, do proper maintenance - this unit will last the remainder of your life. Factor that into the overall cost of initial purchase.

The R is set up to handle aftermarket "add ons" a lot easier also. You will SELDOM read a post on TBN where anybody wishes they had a tractor with less features or abilities. However - its not uncommon to read where somebody has upgraded to get a unit that will do more.

At least a third of the things I now do with my Kubota M6040 are tasks I never dreamed of doing when I purchased the unit.

/ Narrowed down, now the $$$$$ question of value #10  
Look at the depreciation of these tractors.
Remember, buying tractors isn't like buying lettuce that goes rotten, where both the money & the lettuce is gone in a week.
Either way you still have the $5900.
It will either be sitting in your shed as a 3033R; or it will be digital 0's & 1's, and represented as ink on a bank statement.