Price Check and Questions

/ Price Check and Questions #1  

ewbish

I am looking at a LS MT125 Sub Compact. Dealer has quoted me 16,900 for Tractor with a FEL and the Backhoe. Does this seem a fair price? I am also looking for some equivalent ideas on similar tractors, the same dealer is also a TYM dealer, but I don't know anything about them. I've used LS tractors in the past, and liked them, but I am not tied to that brand.

Dealer also used to carry Montana tractors, and has a couple of used ones in stock. IIRC, they were rebranded built by another tractor company (maybe even LS?), should I consider them?

/ Price Check and Questions
Southern AZ. I have one tractor dealer near me, Trails West Tractor in Benson, AZ. All the other dealers are 2 to 4 hours away. The local guy has a good rep, and I've never heard anything bad about him.

Updating my profile now.

/ Price Check and Questions #3  
Montana brand tractors are orphans. Parts and resale values uncertain or worse.

Go with LS. Kioti and LS are the two thriving Korean brands. I have shopped both and would consider LS for my next tractor purchase.

/ Price Check and Questions #4  
I am looking at a LS MT125 Sub Compact. Dealer has quoted me 16,900 for Tractor with a FEL and the Backhoe. Does this seem a fair price? I am also looking for some equivalent ideas on similar tractors, the same dealer is also a TYM dealer, but I don't know anything about them. I've used LS tractors in the past, and liked them, but I am not tied to that brand.

Dealer also used to carry Montana tractors, and has a couple of used ones in stock. IIRC, they were rebranded built by another tractor company (maybe even LS?), should I consider them?

That matches pricing here in NY. I was at my dealer today and he had 2 of them. Looks like a nice sub-compact.

/ Price Check and Questions #5  
Tucson is not that far away from Benson. We liked to spend winters down there once upon a time.
I think there was a New Holland or Mahindra dealer there, if you wanted to look at other brands.
I liked the looks of the LS tractors, but didn't have a dealer within 100 miles of me.

So............checked out the MT125 - nice product......but turns out to be a little small for what I need to do. Plus, it's a pain to drop the backhoe. You have to remove a rear wheel every time you drop the backhoe or put it back on.

So, the next size up LS was a little to rich for my blood..........so ended up looking at a TYM T234. Really liked that tractor. Price quoted for Tractor with FEL, Backhoe, rake, and 5 ft brush hog is 24,300. Sound reasonable? Costs more than my last truck, lol.

/ Price Check and Questions #7  
Well an XJ2025H should be ~ $20k w/ the tractor loader backhoe. Wheels stay on.

Well, pulled the trigger on a TYM T234 HST w/ backhoe, FEL, 5 foot brush hog, and rock rake..........24K. Just got delivered this morning. Been driving it around all morning getting it figured out. Little sucker is pretty impressive. Soooo glad I went with the bigger tractor, very obvious now that the MT125 would not have done what I needed.

/ Price Check and Questions #9  
Well, pulled the trigger on a TYM T234 HST w/ backhoe, FEL, 5 foot brush hog, and rock rake..........24K. Just got delivered this morning. Been driving it around all morning getting it figured out. Little sucker is pretty impressive. Soooo glad I went with the bigger tractor, very obvious now that the MT125 would not have done what I needed.
Congrats on the new tractor. I did a google search for a picture of that model, I would like to have one of them myself thats a good looking tractor. I had been regretting buying a too big tractor, after a couple days I am over that regret, the bigger the better.