Rural King going to start selling tractors again

/ Rural King going to start selling tractors again #1  

super55

Platinum Member
Tractor
Oliver Super55, John Deere 4310, John Deere 4400, Kubota L2500 (had),
Looks like Rural King is going to give it another shot at selling tractors. Just got a flyer email from them stating they are going to run a pilot program at a few select stores.

From what I read in the blog it looks like they are using TYM platforms with Yanmar engines from Georgia and beet juice is standard on all tractors.

Maybe they picked the distribution from Cabelas since they were using TYM.

I hope this is successful for them. Even though I don't have a Rural King near me I order from them all the time. Been a great company to do business with.

Behind the Scenes with RK Tractors

/ Rural King going to start selling tractors again #2  
I look forward to seeing how it will work.

/ Rural King going to start selling tractors again #3  
Saw the tractors this morning at my local store (New Philadelphia, OH). I gave them a brief look, had a good crowd looking at them on a crappy Ohio morning.

/ Rural King going to start selling tractors again #4  
What is the general thought on TYM tractors?

/ Rural King going to start selling tractors again #5  

They exist. They're a solid option, or they would be if the support was there from the dealership end. For whatever reason, and maybe a dealer could chime in here, TYM has a very hard time selling themselves to power-sports vendors the same way Mahindra, Kioti, and LS have managed to do.

/ Rural King going to start selling tractors again

TYM has been around in the US for probably about 25 years. They used to be under the manufacturer name Scorpion and I am not positive but I believe maybe Century for a bit.

A tractor repair shop by me used to carry them for awhile before he dropped them (had kioti for a bit too). He was just too small of a shop to be able to afford to purchase inventory for his lot. I looked over the TYM 223 and I was pretty impressed with the tractor. The older style had a sloped hood and gave you incredible visualization of the loader bucket and the layout of the tractor was really nice.

From what I have read they are offering a 2 year bumper/bumper warranty and an 8 year/3000hr driveline on the tractors. The prices they are offering are pretty darn attractive looking as well. They are offering loaded tires with beet juice standard and most come with a set of rear remotes standard.

Biggest concern I have is I don't live close to a Rural King so if I have warranty work if I could get a TYM dealer to service the tractor.

/ Rural King going to start selling tractors again #7  
Be aware that Rural King is like some of the other box stores. They will carry the products for a few years, and then stop carrying them, and will not offer parts or service for them after that date. So if you buy one from Rural King, make sure you will have a more stable service available in the future.

/ Rural King going to start selling tractors again #8  
Be aware that Rural King is like some of the other box stores. They will carry the products for a few years, and then stop carrying them, and will not offer parts or service for them after that date. So if you buy one from Rural King, make sure you will have a more stable service available in the future.

And even while they do have a TYM sales contract, level of service will be hit or miss if past history of similar deals holds true.

/ Rural King going to start selling tractors again #9  
I read the RK announcement and it said it was starting with these stores but would roll them out to all stores in the immediate future and that they would provide service to them. I must have deleted the email but if you got it, it's in there. I don't recall this as a pilot program but a both feet in kind of thing.

Didn't RK carry MF a few years ago and maybe something Chinese before that?

RK is a changing and dynamic growth company so I think this is a positive for the industry and believe they are committed to success but that 's just a guess on my part.

/ Rural King going to start selling tractors again #10  
I think there is a need for more dealers for small tractors,and side by sides. You have to drive all over creation to check out what you might want. I can see how a big box retailer could fill that gap if they would commit to the endeavor. I fear they will do a Cabella's,Bobcat sort of thing. I think the outdoor power stores could get in on the game, but most that I now are doing well already.