Anyone running Kioti CK3510 on Ag tires?

/ Anyone running Kioti CK3510 on Ag tires? #1  

tripleup05

Hey fellas

I'm looking to purchase a small tractor for my 7 acre lot. I'm leaning towards the CK3510 with 4010 loader and Ag tires. I will be doing some tillage work with it in the garden and general chores (manure, cleaning up fallen limbs, logs, etc). The property is on a slight hill, and it will be used for some erosion control as well, and often this ground is pretty soft. However, the AG tires seem very narrow. They seem much smaller than what is on my 8N. It seems like a very narrow tractor with the Ag tires, and I'm wondering if stability and/or traction will be a concern. Anyone here run this setup and can put my mind at ease? Or maybe I should be looking at Industrials?

Thanks!

/ Anyone running Kioti CK3510 on Ag tires? #2  
Are you in snow country? Buy turfs you'll find they work very well in the snow and if you do a lot of work on your lawn they won't bother the turf. I maxxed out the front loader yesterday lifting a plot seeder and the front tires (turfs) didn't squat with 26 lbs. air pressure.

I have a 2016 CK2610 and use it on a sidehill quite steep and have had no issues. I measured the grade with a smartphone but forgot; I think it is 19 degrees. It's enough so I can get off the machine and tip it over by hand if I really want to.

No to start a tire war but I think users think that R4s are the cat's meow. I have them on a Kubota L3940 and they flat out stink in the snow or almost anywhere else compared to the turfs.

You'll find the machine handles a 72 inch tiller with ease also a rear mower of the same size. I love mine.

Good luck, Fred

/ Anyone running Kioti CK3510 on Ag tires?
Hi Fred.

I'm 30 minutes outside of Atlanta, so nope, snow is not an issue 99.9% of the time.

edit: I should also add the tractor will rarely be on the lawn, so Ag tires chewing up the grass are of little concern.

/ Anyone running Kioti CK3510 on Ag tires? #4  
I run Ag tires on mine and haven't had any issues with traction. My property is nothing but hills, the only level spot is in the shed where I park the tractor! Mine are set narrow at 55" but they can be widened to something like 70" I think, you'll have to check the website or owner's manual. They don't do much damage to the grass unless you run over the same spot repeatedly, or if it's soft from rain, which it's been for about two months now.

/ Anyone running Kioti CK3510 on Ag tires? #5  
I run Ag tires and as Dadster, I've got nothing but hills. Have the dealer set them out wider and load the rear tires.

/ Anyone running Kioti CK3510 on Ag tires? #6  
I have ag,s on my 2012 Kioti Dk40,love them.Had the R-4,s industrials on my 2007 Kioti DK40 IMHO they sucked in the mud and snow.

/ Anyone running Kioti CK3510 on Ag tires? #7  
Hey fellas

I'm looking to purchase a small tractor for my 7 acre lot. I'm leaning towards the CK3510 with 4010 loader and Ag tires. I will be doing some tillage work with it in the garden and general chores (manure, cleaning up fallen limbs, logs, etc). The property is on a slight hill, and it will be used for some erosion control as well, and often this ground is pretty soft. However, the AG tires seem very narrow. They seem much smaller than what is on my 8N. It seems like a very narrow tractor with the Ag tires, and I'm wondering if stability and/or traction will be a concern. Anyone here run this setup and can put my mind at ease? Or maybe I should be looking at Industrials?

Thanks!

Dad & I went with the Ag tires on our CK35 and I wouldn't go back & trade for the industrial tires for anything.

tripleup05 said:
edit: I should also add the tractor will rarely be on the lawn, so Ag tires chewing up the grass are of little concern.

For ground pressure - if you're doing ground engaging work the higher PSI footprint of the Ag tires will give you better pulling force & the more aggressive tread will give more bite - both come at the expense of digging up the turf. On softer ground the wider contact area of the Industrial will spread the weight better and do less damage to the turf but if it comes down to pulling power they will lose grip & spin before an Ag tire will.

Given you're not worried about the turf - Ag wins

For side stability / track width (I am assuming the following is still true with the CK3510 series as the older CK35) the Ag tires are the only ones that come on adjustable rims. There are a couple different mounting positions you can use to make the wheel spacing narrower / wider. We told our dealer to set it to max width when he assembled the tractor. That along with loaded tires and we haven't had any issues anywhere with stability - and we're in the foothills of the Blue Ridge, not much to call flat around here.

I will tell you that coming from an 8N to the Kioti that until you get used to it that it will *feel* less stable on side slopes. This has to do with the geometry of the operator position. The seat on the Kioti sits much higher over the center line of the axle than on the 8N so when tipped sideways you are moving farther laterally in the seat than you were on the 8N. The tractor isn't actually going anywhere but it feels really strange and makes you happy to be wearing that seatbelt till you get used to it.

I'll try to remember to dig thru my photos when I get home tonight as I have one shot of the CK35 & the 8N setting side by side right after we got it - that might help you see a little better.

/ Anyone running Kioti CK3510 on Ag tires? #8  
The R1 ag tire is a hard one to beat. Only drawback is on a hard surface the tread pattern causes vibrations that are eliminated by the flat bars on R4s but as others have stated, R4s suck! I put R3 turfs on my 2400 in an attempt to get a softer ride from the OEM R4s which I got. Traction is fair-to-middlin (cotton grading slang), at least as good as R4s so you haven't lost anything there. Titan is the only company that made R3s that would fit my 16.5" wheel.

On R1s all the rest of my tractors (but the 2400) and all my tractors since 1978 have worn them....haven't been sorry and when replacing, replaced with like kind. They mow grass just fine. On soft ground they leave the little zippers but other than being able to see them, they don't hurt anything and aren't rough to drive over.

/ Anyone running Kioti CK3510 on Ag tires?
I'll try to remember to dig thru my photos when I get home tonight as I have one shot of the CK35 & the 8N setting side by side right after we got it - that might help you see a little better.

Thanks for all the info about your experience, and yea, I'd definitely like to see that picture with the 8N.

Thanks to everyone else for the input as well. I believe I will be picking it up tomorrow!

/ Anyone running Kioti CK3510 on Ag tires? #10  
Totally forgot by the time I got home. I was able to pull this one off Facebook but not sure it will be of much help.

FB_IMG_1491996419852.jpg