Cub XT 3 vs simplicity

/ Cub XT 3 vs simplicity #1  

Clint S

Veteran Member
Tractor
555DTC Farmall 200
Conquest™ Yard Tractor
Cub Cadet XT3 Lawn Tractors
Narrowed down to 2 mowers. I mow my dads lawn too, 3 acres total, not totally smooth. Don't want a 0 turn. Want the blower to do a few paths here and there and not have to push my current blower or get out the big blower on back of the farm trac. I have a plow truck. Don't need 3point, don't need a bucket. Just want a mower with a front blower.
Cub xt3gs is $7600
simplicity $8800
Both will come with front blower, chains, weight and 54 inch fabbed deck.
I know the simplicity has better suspension, commercial engine, antiscalp deck, but is it worth $1200 more.

I looked at some used stuff and it was beat up or well over 10k. These are at the high end of my budget anyway.

/ Cub XT 3 vs simplicity #2  
Yes. I think the Conquest is a better machine. Their cut quality is legendary.John deere has several tractors in that price range that are nice as well.

/ Cub XT 3 vs simplicity
Maybe I should look at like a 580 Deere seems like it may be right around The simplicity price, but I think when I would add weights and chains I will be too far over. I could do a 570 , but would prefer some sort of lift. I like the Deere hydraulic lift over the others electric. The Cub/simplicity dealer is a close drive and has treated several neighbors right. SWMBO Has set the limit at $8500, but would let me swing the extra 300 if I begged, doubt she would go higher. She would prefer the cub.

/ Cub XT 3 vs simplicity #5  
A friend purchased a Simplicty Broadmore;I was impressed with all the small things about it.Well thought out.He has had his for three years and it has been good.

/ Cub XT 3 vs simplicity
Looked at a 584 JD and liked it a lot........... I like the hydraulic lift

/ Cub XT 3 vs simplicity
Ended up getting a JD 580 with 47 inch blower. Will get it Monday. Price was higher than the cub, but lower than the simplicity. Unlike the other post the dealer worked with me on the price a bit.