Price Check Kubota L3301

/ Kubota L3301 #1  

Adamisred

Tractor
None
I just received a quote for a L3301 4x4 HST with R4s, LA525 loader and RCR 1260 for $23,900. I'm completely new to tractors and even I know that sounds high. I've been reading that 10-15% off MSRP is what to aim for and i figured my quote is only 7% off. The only pricing threads I've found for this tractor are a bit dated now and I'm sure it changes constantly. Should I be asking for more implements or maybe even a trailer thrown in, or is it better to just negotiate the amount down? Or is it completely a dealer by dealer basis?

/ Kubota L3301 #2  
Shop around a few different Kubota dealers, you will be surprised. Also, consider the gear drive if you want to save a few bucks, just as easy as the hst to drive. I love my l3301. Good choice, btw. View attachment 509495

/ Kubota L3301 #3  
$23,900!!!!! WoW have prices gone up that much in ten years, I paid $20,000 for my L3400 with, AG tires, FEL, pto winch, at the time HST was $1,000 more.

/ Kubota L3301 #4  
...Or is it completely a dealer by dealer basis?
It is based on just the dealer... almost always they give a very high first price. Makes sense to catch an uninformed buyer off guard. The dealer might contact you again... I would say that I'm shopping around other companies.

IF you tell them you are shopping around for other kubota dealers for a better price - you might piss them off.

Bottom line... do you like and want to support the local dealer? or are you looking for the best price? IF the latter... talk to Barlow's in Ky. Figure what you want to spend first.

/ Kubota L3301 #5  
That's not terribly far off what one would expect to pay here for that. I paid all but 26k for L3301HST, Rimguard in all tires(I was one of the first, if not first, customer to get rimguard from this dealer), 525 loader, 3 Remotes(I remember that being salty), and BB1272 box blade.

I don't regret anything other than not getting more implements with the tractor. See if they have mulit-implement deals.

A quick bit of math shows that you're being given roughly a 10% discount off of MSRP(tractor+loader+66 inch QA bucket=25125+1500 for the cutter). Not spectacular, but not a rip-off either.

/ Kubota L3301
A quick bit of math shows that you're being given roughly a 10% discount off of MSRP(tractor+loader+66 inch QA bucket=25125+1500 for the cutter). Not spectacular, but not a rip-off either.

I roughly calculated around 7.5% because it's not the QA, but pin on 60" bucket.

/ Kubota L3301 #7  
Kubota having tie rods in front of axles for stumps to hit them in tall grass would put me off with Kubota plus that aggravating treble pedal. You could have a JohnDeere for that kind of money.

/ Kubota L3301 #8  
Couldn't you just drive with the bucket right below axel level?

/ Kubota L3301 #9  
yeah you could but why would you want too for the same money? Most people would forget. What would happen if you were cutting down a hill or up a hill? That logic would only work on level ground. Both tractors are good don't get me wrong. Also a Kubota doesn't have a priority valve in the steering so you lose power steering when you get a loaded bucket.

/ Kubota L3301 #10  
Kubota having tie rods in front of axles for stumps to hit them in tall grass would put me off with Kubota plus that aggravating treble pedal. You could have a JohnDeere for that kind of money.

I've run my L3301 for about a year now, and can honestly say the tie-rod location has never been an issue. And I primarily work in the woods. The Treadle pedal is a matter of preference, and you "could have a JohnDeere" for that much, it would either be smaller, or be their eco line, which is objectively a lesser tractor for the money.