Kubota 47% -- John Deere 19%

/ Kubota 47% -- John Deere 19% #1  

MessickFarmEqu

everyone always seems to be dying to see real numbers behind who the leaders in the tractor business are. I read this today in an industry article.

According to UCC filings, through the first 11 months of 2016 Kubota held a market share of nearly 47% in the tractor ranges up to 80 horsepower. Deere was a distant second with 19%

https://www.rurallifestyledealer.com/articles/6029-industry-shift-kubotas-pursuit-to-be-a-global-full-liner-deu

/ Kubota 47% -- John Deere 19% #2  
everyone always seems to be dying to see real numbers behind who the leaders in the tractor business are. I read this today in an industry article.

According to UCC filings, through the first 11 months of 2016 Kubota held a market share of nearly 47% in the tractor ranges up to 80 horsepower. Deere was a distant second with 19%

https://www.rurallifestyledealer.com/articles/6029-industry-shift-kubotas-pursuit-to-be-a-global-full-liner-deu

An interesting article --thanks for posting.

Here's the direct link: Industry Shift: Kubota’s Pursuit to be a Global Full Liner | 217-5-18 | Rural Lifestyle Dealer

Steve

/ Kubota 47% -- John Deere 19% #3  
That's better then I expected. I like that Kubota makes all their tractors and isn't selling other brands painted orange and calling them Kubota's. I also like that their diesel engines are so good that other manufacturers use them, including Onan generators. Sadly, every time I go to the dealer to buy something, I end up going with some other brand that is more affordable. They are very proud of their success.

/ Kubota 47% -- John Deere 19% #4  
That's better then I expected. I like that Kubota makes all their tractors and isn't selling other brands painted orange and calling them Kubota's. I also like that their diesel engines are so good that other manufacturers use them, including Onan generators. Sadly, every time I go to the dealer to buy something, I end up going with some other brand that is more affordable. They are very proud of their success.

Yea, best I can tell, in the under 80hp CUT segment, Kubota and Yanmar are the only two tractor companies left that build the entire machines from the ground up.

Maybe Kioti as well? I'd have to research it.

/ Kubota 47% -- John Deere 19% #5  
Should be interesting to see what, if any, affect their concentration on expanding into big ag has on their position in the compact market.

/ Kubota 47% -- John Deere 19% #7  
I wonder if this is a Global market share or just the USA market share. The problem with market share it varies depending on how you pull it. For example if you pulled market share for horsepower 50-125hp I bet that would show a totally different percentage. I doubt Kubota would be out in the front with those horsepower numbers. With that being said, do not get so caught up in market share to determine a company success.

/ Kubota 47% -- John Deere 19% #8  
I wonder if this is a Global market share or just the USA market share. The problem with market share it varies depending on how you pull it. For example if you pulled market share for horsepower 50-125hp I bet that would show a totally different percentage. I doubt Kubota would be out in the front with those horsepower numbers.
Also the in the 22 to 28 HP range. You bring up a good question......

/ Kubota 47% -- John Deere 19% #9  
Where was Mahindra in ranking?

I have California's UCC numbers by brand, 80HP and down. Mahindra is third. Nationwide I also think Mahindra is third, then a big gap and we see Deere, then a big gap and we have Mahindra. Followed closely in California by New Holland and then Branson was 5th.

Globally, Mahindra is #1 by unit sales in this 20-80HP category. Helped of course by being the market leader in India, which I believe is still the largest tractor market by country.

I think if we went by total dollar volume of sales in all categories, Deere would be the king.

Kubota should be commended. They have done a great job on market share.

/ Kubota 47% -- John Deere 19% #10  
I have California's UCC numbers by brand, 80HP and down. Mahindra is third. Nationwide I also think Mahindra is third, then a big gap and we see Deere, then a big gap and we have Mahindra. Followed closely in California by New Holland and then Branson was 5th.

Globally, Mahindra is #1 by unit sales in this 20-80HP category. Helped of course by being the market leader in India, which I believe is still the largest tractor market by country.

I think if we went by total dollar volume of sales in all categories, Deere would be the king.

Kubota should be commended. They have done a great job on market share.

One to thing to point out is he saying "units" not dollar amounts. Many company uses dollar amounts to determine market share. Depending on which category you use for example 10-25 hp range, 10-50hp range, and 100hp or less range could yield completely different results. Every tractor manufactory should have their eyes on Mahindra; they are the one taking market share. IMO