Comparison JD 1025r vs. new Kubota BX23s - time to resurrect the debate

/ JD 1025r vs. new Kubota BX23s - time to resurrect the debate #11  
If the rocks on your place are big enough that you'll be working in the margin between the BX and the 1025 a lot, you really need bigger equipment. Just one guy's opinion.

Cant be aid much better than this!

Look at a bigger tractor!

/ JD 1025r vs. new Kubota BX23s - time to resurrect the debate #12  
Oldbeercans, I don't know what brought you to just kubota vs. Jd . . . But I found the Massey gc1700 choices to have excellent physical and financial benefits to compete. Their insurance is excellent, loader capacity is high and cost to purchase is lower. Like Kubota, engine design is very strong and massey/iseki build tractor and engine not one or the other. Forward flow engine cooling design is like knots also. Backhoe performance is good. Quality of build and quality of design is strong. Platform for stability is very good on hills and slopes and combines gc1700 choice with a mini grapple and you have a superior rock mover in my opinion.

/ JD 1025r vs. new Kubota BX23s - time to resurrect the debate
Oldbeercans, I don't know what brought you to just kubota vs. Jd . . . But I found the Massey gc1700 choices to have excellent physical and financial benefits to compete. Their insurance is excellent, loader capacity is high and cost to purchase is lower. Like Kubota, engine design is very strong and massey/iseki build tractor and engine not one or the other. Forward flow engine cooling design is like knots also. Backhoe performance is good. Quality of build and quality of design is strong. Platform for stability is very good on hills and slopes and combines gc1700 choice with a mini grapple and you have a superior rock mover in my opinion.

I researched the MF. It does look like an excellent machine. I believe the 3 point hitch harms can stay on in the back while the BH is mounted...that's a nice feature the other makers don't provide. It looks like a great machine but nearest dealer is over an hour away. When I visited, they seemed very busy and under-staffed...just worried me. But I give the Massey a big:thumbsup:

I agree the BX feels a little lighter/sporty. The curved boom makes for nice sight lines. The new FEL/BH quick on/off features and the hydraulic connections also are really nice. But, I think the slightly larger wheelbase of the JD and the little more weight of the JD make the machine more stable. If you put your hand up on the ROPS and push/pull these machines sideways with some muscle, you can feel the improved stability of the JD. I actually find the sloped dash instrument cluster on the JD to be very nice, the seat super comfy, and those grab bars on both sides do make it easier getting on/off the machine frequently...I think how the JD/BX feel is going to be different for different users...no right answer here. I'm not sure I agree about the BH build...the welding I saw on the BX was a little sloppy...but, I didn't notice a huge difference between JD and BX on the BH...

/ JD 1025r vs. new Kubota BX23s - time to resurrect the debate #15  
In comparing the two last year when making my first new tractor purchase I went with the JD 1023. At the time it seemed to just have the superior attach and detachability in terms of mower decks, loaders, buckets ect. which best lined up for the different types of numerous smaller tasks I had planned for it. It has handled all those tasks at this point phenomenally well and have had zero issues performing these tasks. . That being said it looks after watching some videos it now appears that the new BXs have caught up and maybe surpassed the 1 series in this regard especially when it comes to the quick coupler hydraulic arrangement. I also like the new radiator setup as well.

My problem now is that I purchased 11 acres up in the mountains and while the 1023 is great for the around home/town maintenance I've pretty much already maxed out what it can do at the mountain property after one trip up there with it.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I went with the JD 1025r TLB. As much as I like the convenience of the nice hydraulics/connections on the new Kubota 23s, I went with the JD because it's a little more sturdy and capable and the implements go on/off easy enough. I've used it a few hours already and the loader can handle more than I anticipated. I managed to muscle a couple of large rocks out of the ground with it and no problem lifting them high with the BH on the back. I'm loving it!