Buying Advice First tractor at my new place

/ First tractor at my new place #21  
Kioti, LS, Branson, TYM; all four tractor brands originating in Korea.

Three of those brands will still exist 5 years from now! :p

/ First tractor at my new place #22  
[*]Branson 3520H
[*]Branson 4520R

The Branson's look well built, but I've no exposure to them at all. We have a good dealer (so I read) that's sold them for a while, so that's a plus. .

"Branson's look well built" Are well built. Check the weight vs others. Weight is steel. When the going gets rough.....weight matters.

"For not a bunch more money, I can step up into a 47hp package deal with practically every implement I need. It's very tempting".............. Tempt yourself. Grin

I don't have 2 of them for nothing. They earned it. The money you are going to spend on a tractor or anything else for that matter is gone forever.....you will never see it again. What you bought with that money you will see and use most every day. Why penalize yourself with second rate when "........For not a bunch more money" you can get what will serve you better.....to your own admission. Get it!!!!!!! Grin.

I don't know where you are but "Big Red's" serves SW Fort Worth pretty well. Has a big www site. I bought on the other side of the twin cities, closer to home. My dealer is pretty much a sales outfit and doesn't have the resources Big Red's does but I don't need them so I shopped price, not service.....not sorry.

Good luck.

/ First tractor at my new place
The dealer I was considering was Big Tex. I also just got a quote from another dealer in central Texas, but I haven't had time to plug it into my spreadsheet and see where it all falls.

Yes, I did notice the weight differences and read through many Branson threads here. Distance to the dealer and a lack of longevity of the line are my only downsides. On that last one, let me explain. I'm not worried about engine or chassis, but other things... like electrical or hydraulic. I'm not saying they are bad, just that I don't know what to expect.

My wife and I are trying to rehab neglected property, fences, barns, and get everything else setup for cow/calf. I have a good day job, but my wife stays home, and we survive on one income. Long story short.... I get one shot at this right now, and I can't pick a dud or it will crater our startup finances. Hence my need for "trusting" both dealer and machine.

"Branson's look well built" Are well built. Check the weight vs others. Weight is steel. When the going gets rough.....weight matters.

"For not a bunch more money, I can step up into a 47hp package deal with practically every implement I need. It's very tempting".............. Tempt yourself. Grin

I don't have 2 of them for nothing. They earned it. The money you are going to spend on a tractor or anything else for that matter is gone forever.....you will never see it again. What you bought with that money you will see and use most every day. Why penalize yourself with second rate when "........For not a bunch more money" you can get what will serve you better.....to your own admission. Get it!!!!!!! Grin.

I don't know where you are but "Big Red's" serves SW Fort Worth pretty well. Has a big www site. I bought on the other side of the twin cities, closer to home. My dealer is pretty much a sales outfit and doesn't have the resources Big Red's does but I don't need them so I shopped price, not service.....not sorry.

Good luck.

/ First tractor at my new place #24  
Kioti, LS, Branson, TYM; all four tractor brands originating in Korea.

Yepper and they build as fine a product as you could have in your corral.......Branson is a rainbow mfgr and supports several major brands.....just go to the Kukje (Branson mfgr in Korea) www and check it out.

/ First tractor at my new place #25  
I would seriously look at the JD 4 series (4044R, 4052R, 4066R). Much bigger than the 3 series, greater lift capacity. But not as large as the 5 series.

I would seriously look at the JD 4 series (4044R, 4052R, 4066R). Much bigger than the 3 series, greater lift capacity. But not as large as the 5 series.

I'm going to look at a new 4044M today, and am also looking at a cherry 4005 and a Massey 2625 I stumbled across this weekend.

Well, I ruled out the 4044M, and that used 2625. I had a nice converstation with the Branson dealer, and I got additional pricing on the Massey 27 series, which seems to be much more tractor over the 17 series for not a whole lot more money. I've about decided to go bigger all the way around, so it's down to Kubota L4701HST, Massey 2706E, and Branson 4720H or 5220H. I'm going to try to hit the Kubota demo today, and hopefully look at the Branson & Massey on Saturday.

/ First tractor at my new place #28  
With those choices, I'd really recommend the kubota. Haven't heard a bad thing about Branson, but in 5 years kubota will be around and still have consistent qualified mechanics with access to the parts you need in a timely manner. Branson could go the way of Montana, to me it's hasn't established itself yet. I see those types of brands pop up and close down within two years all the time and that would make me nervous.

Brett