New Kubota M6060 or New JD 5065E?

/ New Kubota M6060 or New JD 5065E? #1  

RickDe7

Tractor
Kubota M7060
North Texas near Bonham, For 150 acres in which about half are treed the other half was previously hayed. Hogs have rooted up most of the land so I want to level it out with a tiller, disc or box blade. The property is now in Wildlife. The tractor will be used for Mowing about 70 of the acres as well as dirt and tree work turning the property into a large "park like" setting. 2 ponds are on the property that I want to clean up myself.

I've reviewed pretty much every post and youtube video and i can't really good a good feel for which tractor I should get. My only previous experience is with my Dads Ford 8N and an Allis Chalmers 5020 roughly 15 years ago.

I want to go new and budget is not too much of a concern until my wife tells me it is. I don't need anything too large or an over kill and don't want something too small.

Here is what i've been able to gather from reading and talking to a few people.

- Get a Tractor that is just slightly larger than you think you need, no one complains about having a tractor that is too small unless you need to get into small places.
- JD and Kubota are considered the current 2 top tractor brands.
- In north Texas we only really have JD, Kubota and New Holland Dealers
- I took Mahindra out of my consideration due to the bad user reviews on You tube. JD and Kubota had their share as well, but I did not see 1 good video of anyone happy with their Mahindra.
- "Real" JD tractors seem to be at the 5 series level. More steel more weight. Last Longer. More stable.
- Prices on the 3, 4 and 5 series tractors are not that far off which is a bit strange.
- Most everyone in the area is pushing me toward JD, but i'm leaning more toward Kubota.

My research and the dealers have pointed to the JD 5065E and the M6060 and i'm a bit torn.

If you had the choice which would you go? Or with something else?

Thanks in advance!

-Rick

/ New Kubota M6060 or New JD 5065E? #2  
Same dilemma I'm facing, except I'm looking to buy a class size down (or maybe 2 depending) from you. You'd probably be working the same set of dealers I have been also. I ruled out Mahindra for the same reason, and I've had zero luck getting anyone from New Holland on the phone. I'm leaning away from Deere, because like you say, they feel like toys in the 3 & 4 series. The only one I've even remotely liked smaller than the 5065e was the 4044M.

I'd say that you need to drive them both and see what you feel more comfortable in. The Deere chain I'm looking at does some nice things like mobile service and free pickup/drop off for service (distance depending, of course). See what each of them will do for you.

/ New Kubota M6060 or New JD 5065E? #3  
Both are 5000lb machines in bare tractor ROPS configuration so they should be capable of equal work.

The Kubota is made in Japan while the JD is made in India, if that matters to you.

/ New Kubota M6060 or New JD 5065E? #4  
Are you getting a loader? If so, the Kubota should be quick detach and have SSQA, both of which you probably have to pay extra for on the Deere. You may not care to detach the loader but it is nice to have the option, and SSQA gives you a lot of choices for additional attachments on the front. Excluding that I would go with which dealer you feel most comfortable with.

/ New Kubota M6060 or New JD 5065E? #5  
Kubota is a 4 cyl, deere is a 3. Kubota has 24 cu in larger engine than deere and it runs pto to speed with lower engine RPM's. ..
3 more pto hp than the deere. 1.5 more engine hp than deere.... Kubota has wet clutch deere has dry ... Kubota trans has synchronized main shaft .. deere doesnt.

pretty good little comparison chart here... http://www.kubota.com/assets/product/comps/M60/M6060_M7060_M8560_M9960_comp.pdf

/ New Kubota M6060 or New JD 5065E? #6  
Are you getting a loader? If so, the Kubota should be quick detach and have SSQA, both of which you probably have to pay extra for on the Deere. You may not care to detach the loader but it is nice to have the option, and SSQA gives you a lot of choices for additional attachments on the front. Excluding that I would go with which dealer you feel most comfortable with.

John Deere has a quick detach loader H240

/ New Kubota M6060 or New JD 5065E? #7  
Kubota is a 4 cyl, deere is a 3. Kubota has 24 cu in larger engine than deere and it runs pto to speed with lower engine RPM's. ..
3 more pto hp than the deere. 1.5 more engine hp than deere.... Kubota has wet clutch deere has dry ... Kubota trans has synchronized main shaft .. deere doesnt.

pretty good little comparison chart here... http://www.kubota.com/assets/product/comps/M60/M6060_M7060_M8560_M9960_comp.pdf

John Deere 5065e with power reverse transmission has wet clutch for PTO as well as economy PTO that lets you run at almost 1600 rpm for 540 pto if you like.

/ New Kubota M6060 or New JD 5065E? #8  
John Deere 5065e with power reverse transmission has wet clutch for PTO as well as economy PTO that lets you run at almost 1600 rpm for 540 pto if you like.

and that options how much more than the standard ?

/ New Kubota M6060 or New JD 5065E? #9  
The 'E' series Deere tractors are not exactly their best effort. The Kubota is more the quality of their 'R' series which is going to carry a much more hefty price tag. Most noteably to me, the driveline effiecncy of the Deere is terrible, the Kubota puts more power out the PTO despite being 5 less engine HP. Deere can make some great tractors, the '5E' series is not one of them. You did not note if you took the time to drive each one of these. If you have, the differences become much more obvious.

/ New Kubota M6060 or New JD 5065E? #10  
and that options how much more than the standard ?

The Kubota M6060 comes standard with a shuttle shift which is comparable to the power reverser of the Deere. You would have to put the same transmission to compare the tractors which or both wet cluthes. Actually looking at specs the Kubota only offers a 8F and 8R and Deere has 12F and a 12R transmission. The Deere have 4 more gears each way. What point were you trying to make?