Trying to buy a snowblower

/ Trying to buy a snowblower #1  

RichM752

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L47TLB, Two Labs, and a Martin OM28
Second time this has happened. Find a good deal on the snowblower of my choice, an Allied Buhler. I'm ready to close the deal. $2895 for blower, then $800 for shipping, which is pretty steep, never the less the total price is still the best I can find. Ask vendor for an invoice and PLOWIE, additional charges bring the price right back to where I get it from a dealer 100 miles away. I guess from now on I ask up front the bottom line price.

/ Trying to buy a snowblower #2  
I am assuming a 3-point connected blower. I had a Woods on the back of my old tractor but when I sold it (blower seperate) I priced out a new one and it was a chunk of change. I ended up busing a WoodMaxx unit WoodMaxx Website - it is one solid piece of equipment and the spec's are great. I bought the 72" blower and it moves snow like you would not believe. Shipping was free and it was $2349 dropped to the door. I also opted for the rotating chute (hydraulic) which added $250.

It came in a metal angle iron crate wrapped in plastic. I had to put the chute and rotator and the entire ordeal took 45 minutes to have it assembled.

/ Trying to buy a snowblower
Yep. I had an 60" Allied Buhler on my L3400, sold it with he tractor. The L47 has 70"wheel width, so I need a new blower. The Allied Buhler gave me 10 yrs of trouble free service, so I'm leaning towards sticking with the same.

/ Trying to buy a snowblower #4  
What were the additional charges for other than maybe sales tax?

What were the additional charges for other than maybe sales tax?

Provincial sales tax and a GST fee. Neither was mentioned prior to the invoice being sent.

The last deal I had lined up, was for 3500 + 400 for shipping. Only to have the shipping increase to 900 when invoice was sent.

/ Trying to buy a snowblower #6  
I got an 84 for 2850 out the door and they even threw in the hose and fittings. I hope you find a better deal soon!

/ Trying to buy a snowblower #7  
That Woodmaxx 84 looks pretty good. Free shipping in US and Canada, I believe. I may have to pick one up this fall with the hyd chute control. I do have 2 rear remotes, but wonder if I really need the hyd deflector control. The 72 would just barely not extend past my rear tires, so thinking the 84 would be better. Site lists same hp requirements for both. I have 32 pto hp on a 37 hp tractor. My tractor will weigh well over 6K with this blower on, and my rears are filled.

Thoughts on hyd deflector control and blower size to my tractor size?

/ Trying to buy a snowblower #8  
That Woodmaxx 84 looks pretty good. Free shipping in US and Canada, I believe. I may have to pick one up this fall with the hyd chute control. I do have 2 rear remotes, but wonder if I really need the hyd deflector control. The 72 would just barely not extend past my rear tires, so thinking the 84 would be better. Site lists same hp requirements for both. I have 32 pto hp on a 37 hp tractor. My tractor will weigh well over 6K with this blower on, and my rears are filled.

The difference in weight is 75lbs according to their website, I'm looking at the same blower but using their electric actuator option since this will be used a couple times a year (10 inches or more) , afraid of the cylinder seals and hoses deteriorating from lack of use. I think you're horsepower will be ok may have to go slower, mine is the same pto hp and the 72 is 2" past the tires so the 84 is the way to go.

/ Trying to buy a snowblower #9  

I bought a used Lorenz 84" double auger blower in near mint condition last fall. Did a service on it, cleaned masked and repainted. Mine came with the hyd. chute rotator but no deflector hyd. I found that I preset the deflector and don't need to change the setting. I think the 84" will work fine for you as well.
My tractor is 66" wide so a 72" would have worked but I couldn't find a decent used one and the 84" came along at a great price.
I did have to install flow restrictors in the chute hyd. lines to slow down how fast it turned. Also welded stops on the chute to prevent chute from blowing snow on the cab.

Attachments

• DSCN2002 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN2002 (Medium).JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 103
Nice find. I'll keep looking.

I bought a used Lorenz 84" double auger blower in near mint condition last fall. Did a service on it, cleaned masked and repainted. Mine came with the hyd. chute rotator but no deflector hyd. I found that I preset the deflector and don't need to change the setting. I think the 84" will work fine for you as well.
My tractor is 66" wide so a 72" would have worked but I couldn't find a decent used one and the 84" came along at a great price.
I did have to install flow restrictors in the chute hyd. lines to slow down how fast it turned. Also welded stops on the chute to prevent chute from blowing snow on the cab.