Need some advise

/ Need some advise #1  

ben21921

Tractor
none/ yet
Hello all, I'm going to be purchasing my first tractor soon I've went and looked at about and got pricing on about every brand. I'm getting a tractor around 35hp with a FEL and a finish mower. I have 5 acres half woods and when they cleared the lot it seems line they just pushed everything straight back. So I need to do some clearing. I would line to eventually get a grapple. My question is being as I'm new to tractors what do you guys thing the best brand is. I have a bunch of dealers within 30 miles the closest being a Ag. dealer that sells new Holland. Anyway any advise would be appreciated.

/ Need some advise #2  
Wow, asking what the best brand is...... Someone will have an opinion why every brand is the best and why every brand sucks.

I went with NH because IN MY AREA I felt I got more bank for the buck and good dealer support. I am not a fix it myself kind of guy. For example I just had the 50 hr service done on the tractor by the dealer. I called them on a Monday. They basically said they could come out any time that week. Before asking if they could come out I asked the cost of the service. They gave me a quote. For them to come out and do it at my home they added $50.00.

The JD dealer in the area would barely return my calls when I was looking to buy. I was just too small of a deal for them to care about.

The NH dealer did not stock tractors as small as I was looking at. However they called a dealer 1.5 hrs away to arrange for me to test drive. Then did a dealer trade to get me the tractor I wanted. Did not try to push me into a different tractor because they had it on the lot.

So what I am trying to say is I would look more at the dealer than I would the color of the tractor. If your local NH dealer is just not responsive because you are small potatoes go look at another color (note for our Aussies on the board here are the missing u's.... uuuuu)

/ Need some advise #3  
Dealer, dealer, dealer!! I bought from one of the largest in my area even though I had to drive to another state to get it. They have a reputation of backing what they sell and have lived up to that reputation. In six years I've only had to order one part that wasn't in stock and the two times I've had to take it in for repairs (on things I had torn up) the price they charged was less than what I had been quoted over the phone. THAT just does not happen. Buy from a dealer who has been in business for a while and appears to intend to stay in business.

RSKY

/ Need some advise #5  
I've looked at about about every brand. I'm getting a tractor-loader around 35hp and a finish mower.

I have 5 acres half woods and when they cleared the lot they just pushed everything straight back. So I need to do some clearing.

I suggest you purchase a Ratchet Rake for your FEL bucket. Consider a Rotary Cutter / Bush Hog in lieu of a Finish Mower.

VIDEO: ratchet rake brush clearing - YouTube

A Kubota L2501/HST is a moderately priced, 2,600 pound tractor with 13-1/2" ground clearance, a nice size for five acres, without complicated emission controls.
VIDEO: kubota l251 tractor - YouTube
LINK: http://www.kubota.com/product/LSeries/L2501.aspx

[ adviCe ]

Last edited:
   / Need some advise #6  
While you're shopping don't forget to check out the 35hp Yanmar YT235

Image1497135826.766353.jpg

/ Need some advise #8  
As others said for new to tractors, dealer is more important than brand. Good dealer will put you in proper sized tractor and equipment

/ Need some advise #10  
Shopping for a good dealer is really important, when I was looking Kubota, John Deere and Massey Ferguson had dealerships within 25 miles of me, the deciding factor for me was which dealer I felt most comfortable with.
Now that the dealer issue has been settled, it's time for everyone to help you spend your money:D, we are all really good at that:laughing: