Buying Advice Looking to buy my first tractor, needing advice

/ Looking to buy my first tractor, needing advice #1  

Mxracer394

Tractor
None
I'm about to start working on clearing off 5 acres of old pasture land to get ready to build our new house. I currently have a 42" big dog zero turn for my 2 acres. Where we are building is family land. I will probably be maintaining 50 acres atleast. Looks like the most use will be with a bush hog. No need for a bike cart due to having access to a skid steer. Future plans involve building a small motocross track for my son to practice on. For sure I will Be keeping up 5 acres. I was looking at the l3301 kubota. Just because s co worker had a l2800 and he recommended kubota. I have a option of basically any tractor dealer they are just 30 min to an hour away. Also I have no idea what I should be expecting to spend on a tractor and bushhog. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The whole area of land is several hundred acres and our grandfather just can't maintain it anymore. His current tractors are in bad shape. But I don't plant to keep all the land up.

/ Looking to buy my first tractor, needing advice #2  
I may be able to help on the pricing. I've recently gotten the following phone quotes for my first tractor. Thats a non-negotiated price.

John Deere 2038R HST TLB: ~$33,000+

Kubota L3301 HST TLB: ~$29,000+

Kioti CK3510HST TLB: ~$24,000+($3,100 cash discount)

Last edited:
   / Looking to buy my first tractor, needing advice
Dang I was hoping that they wouldn't be anywhere near that amount. But I don't plan to get the front loader or backhoe so that should definitely cut the price down

/ Looking to buy my first tractor, needing advice #5  
Dang I was hoping that they wouldn't be anywhere near that amount. But I don't plan to get the front loader or backhoe so that should definitely cut the price down
Kioti CK3510HST

Tractor: $16,900
FEL: $3,799
Backhoe: $7,900

I don't know if there is currently a tractor only discount. Tractor and loader gets $2,100 off while TLB gets $3,100 off. (Off of prices above in this post).

I have never used that Craigslist search site. I like it. Hard to search when I'm not sure what size it really need and which brands to stick with. I was hoping to stay around 15k or less for something. About to start selecting a contractor to build our house and don't want to go overboard on a tractor if it isn't necessary. Not sure if they sale the kioti brand anywhere near me. Never heard of it. But I did just start looking into tractors.

/ Looking to buy my first tractor, needing advice #7  
Ok, so to clarify, 1) no need for a loader on your future tractor because you have access to a skid steer? 2) you need to bush hog up to 50 acres?

Do you need 4wd? Would a used high horsepower 2wd tractor get the bush hogging done? Then use the skid steer to build the mx track?

What tractors does your grandpa have? What are the issues with them?

/ Looking to buy my first tractor, needing advice #8  
If $30,000 for a well equipped tractor intimidates you, first check into repairing at least one of GF's heavier tractors. GF will probably already have implements sized to the tractors.

Yeah I have access to a skid steer and a dozen. I figure I may bush hog the 50 acres once a year. But will be maintaining 5-10 on a regular basis. Not sure of the issues with grandfathers current tractors. He has gotten in bad health and can work on them anymore. Also I'm not sure of the brand. I personally haven't looked over them. They have been left in the weather so they ar very rusty and can't tell the original color of them. It is my wifes side of the family and was wanting to have my own tractor so I don't have to bother anyone. As far as implements I'm sure he has several for each tractor he owns due to the fact I have had to work around a bunch of different ones to clear off some land. He is old school in his ways and hangs on to everything.

Also as far as the 4wd goes I don't think I would need it but I have never bought a vehicle without. Never know when you will need it. Being in the south it rains a lot during the summer. Is it common to big one down?