Comparison MF 2796e vs Mahindra 2555 vs Kubota MX5200

/ MF 2796e vs Mahindra 2555 vs Kubota MX5200 #1  

RegicusMaximus

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2706e
I've been doing some real looking at a compact utility tractor to use for our new property that we are moving into and some hunting property we have as well. We have Massey, Mahindra, Kubota, John Deere, and International dealers close by. Already ruled out JD and International just on price without justification. I've driven all of the tractors mentioned and like the MF 2706e the best as far as the operator's station goes but the Mahindra was very close. Matter a fact I do think I could have fooled with the seat for a minute and it would have just as comfortable. Need a front loader for sure. Will be using the tractor for clearing some land, small excavation projects, box blade, wood chipper, auger, and will be get a rotary tiller as well. I'm fortunate to have 3 really great dealers that take care of their customers and do great service for the Massey, Mahindra, and Kubota. Each brand has their cheerleaders and naysayers. But I don't seem to be able to find much comparisons with these specific tractors out there. Anyone have any experiences, thoughts, opinions with these tractors or similar?

/ MF 2796e vs Mahindra 2555 vs Kubota MX5200 #2  
I compared a bunch of 40+ hp tractors, and settled on the Massey 2706e
I am very happy with it, it was priced right, and the Massey dealer close to me, is great.
.....It helped that is was priced much less than the Kubota, and had a simpler emissions system
....I need to write up a review on it sometime, but since I do everything on my phone, long posts are not my forte'
I do recommend it wholeheartedly, as it has done everything I have asked of it.

/ MF 2796e vs Mahindra 2555 vs Kubota MX5200
Awesome. The dealer around here is one of those shops that's been around for 50 years and they know everything about tractors and parts you can think of. You can tell they are passionate about it. Well as much as a bunch of old tractor guys can be anyway. :) Did you get the hydro or the shuttle transmission? I drove the shuttle which was pretty good but I willl be doing quite a bit of front loader work and the hydro would probably be more comfortable.

/ MF 2796e vs Mahindra 2555 vs Kubota MX5200 #4  
I would have considered the Massey series of utility compacts but the closest dealer was quite a ways away. If you are doing a lot of loader work the hydrostat is the way to go. I stayed with the shuttle shift on my Workmaster. Good luck on your purchase and keep us updated as to the progress.

/ MF 2796e vs Mahindra 2555 vs Kubota MX5200 #5  
I got the hydro.
I use the tractor for everything, and lots of loader/grapple work. It works great for my needs. And has plenty of power, even with the hydro.
If you want to save even more money, they also have the 2705e. Same tractor, with the same engine, just making less HP.

Right on. Thanks Goose. Bummer that I have to go test drive them again. Oh shoot. *sarcasm

Thanks Turbys. I haven't really seen anyone say they regretted buying the hydro transmission. We don't have a New Holland dealer around here or I would have checked out the Workmaster stuff too.