Advice on a older 50hp tractor

/ Advice on a older 50hp tractor
Went and looked at the Massey 150 today. Its was a nice little tractor, needed the hydraulics fixed and a little TLC. I did pass on it though. It did reaffirm that I want a new tractor. Everything with FEL and 4x4 is Expensive!!! Got a Kioti dealer in the next town over with very competitive prices. Anyone have any experiences with Kioti?

/ Advice on a older 50hp tractor
Just found a Kubota L4740GST 4wd with loader with 455 hrs for $17k. Is that a good tractor and is it a good price?

/ Advice on a older 50hp tractor #23  
Just found a Kubota L4740GST 4wd with loader with 455 hrs for $17k. Is that a good tractor and is it a good price?

Certainly in the right ballpark. I think that Kubota still makes it or something pretty close. Suggest you go back to the forum listings scan down until you get to the Kubota: Owning/Operating forum.... It is one of the most active forums on TBN. Then post a question asking what people think of that particular model.
You may have found the right compromise.
rScotty.

/ Advice on a older 50hp tractor #24  
jon1matt74
sounds like you're on the right path including taking the recommendation of the forum members on your thread. sounds as if you also have a good case of the tractor buying fever right now as well. certainly been there my self.

my recommendation (from past compulsive buying) would be to continue looking, but hesitate from immediately pulling the trigger for now. sleep on it. keep reading the comments. you have gone from a 2k old tractor, to now looking at something much more. smart thinking, just don't be swept away till you're sure the choice will fit your future needs and pocketbook. best of luck!

/ Advice on a older 50hp tractor #25  
That Kubota is priced right if it is in good shape. There are fine tractors out there for 10-12 grand, though. Don't give up if that is a more comfortable price range for you.