Buying Advice How do

/ How do #11  
And I own a $15-20,000 worth of tractor on a 1-acre lot. It is six years old and had 397 hours on it this afternoon when I got off. Considering what we have done with it the past six years it has paid for itself three or four times over. Tractors are tools, use them correctly and they pay for themselves. Even if it is your most expensive toy.

On the other hand there is a tracked Caterpillar tractor sitting in the field behind our house that has sat there since August of last year. I estimate it to be over 300k new. HOW could the owner let it sit for so long.

RSKY

/ How do #12  
Two days ago I took a motorcycle ride down south into the area called the Palouse. My property here is at the very northern tip of the Palouse - world famous for wheat farming.

All the farms are out putting fertilizer on their crops - subsoil injection systems of some type. I started counting and by the time I had finished my 300 mile loop I had a total of eleven of those big Case IH tractors with "triangle tracks" instead of wheels. I'm guessing it was simply a "red" day and all the green monsters were resting somewhere else.

Several of the larger operations trade in their larger tractors at the end of the warrantee period so that the unit is always under warrantee.

/ How do #13  
I estimate it to be over 300k new. HOW could the owner let it sit for so long.
Many, many thousands of acres of farm land in the wheat belt are owned by large corporations but farmed by people living in the area. Those corporations own everything from seed production to the packaged consumer food product on the grocery shelves. What machinery cost isn't written off is passed on to the consumer. Just look at the price of a box of cereal!

/ How do #14  
chump change..

/ How do #16  
On the other hand there is a tracked Caterpillar tractor sitting in the field behind our house that has sat there since August of last year. I estimate it to be over 300k new. HOW could the owner let it sit for so long.

RSKY

I can't answer for the tractor, but a new 6 row cotton picker is north of 750K and you use it 3 months out of the year.