Ford still make any tractors?

/ Ford still make any tractors? #1  

morristvu

Tractor
None
I can't find any sites selling new or almost new Ford tractors any more. Do they still make tractors?

/ Ford still make any tractors? #2  
Ford in now New Holland and has been for many years... NH is owned by Fiat that also owns Case IH...

SR

/ Ford still make any tractors? #4  
I can't find any sites selling new or almost new Ford tractors any more. Do they still make tractors?

Looks like you got a couple good answers!!!

Welcome to TBN!!!!

/ Ford still make any tractors? #5  
:welcome:
To the TBN forum Morris. We are glad that you joined with us. With all the knowledgeable people on this site, you can get any question answered.

/ Ford still make any tractors? #6  
1997 was the last year FORD was on a tractor, even then it was very small letters compared to New Holland.

/ Ford still make any tractors? #7  
And some of those "Ford" tractors were made by Shibaura. As was many of the New Holland tractors. I don't think Ford has made a small tractor for a very long time. Larger tractors until the 90's I think.

/ Ford still make any tractors? #8  
1997 was the last year FORD was on a tractor, even then it was very small letters compared to New Holland.

Whoops, hold on there. Hafta use the Avatar since the system won't let me add a pic. My 3910 was built on 18 Sep 1984.

/ Ford still make any tractors? #9  
Ford sold out to New Holland and agreed to let them use the Ford name..., for so many years. So basically Ford was being built by New Holland long before New Holland came into the picture. When the time expired, New Holland "had to" change the name, or basically delete Ford from the tractor business.
David from jax

/ Ford still make any tractors? #10  
The Ford name and Ford blue color had to go away by Jan 1, 2000. New Holland built the 3930,4630 and 545D until 1999 or 2000. They were Ford from one end to the other. Ford 40 and 60 series design elements persisted into the TS and TM series of New Holland tractors. New Holland still builds tractors in the former Ford factory in Basildon, England. Ford designed 4 and 6 cylinder engines built in Basildon were in production through most of the first decade of this century. The 3 cylinder version succumbed to emissions regulations. It was never certified for Tier II.

An additional requirement of the sale of Ford New Holland to Fiat was that 'Ford' had to disappear from the corporate name of any tractor dealer using that name.