You snooze; you lose OR do you ???

/ You snooze; you lose OR do you ??? #1  

gbpackerfan

Tractor
Ford 7740,Ford3000,Farmall140,JD425,TC45D
As I posted a few weeks ago I was toying with what size tractor I needed or wanted. I priced JD, NH, Kubota and Kioti. I felt all were comparable in the 40hp range in their own right but decided on NH. To the NH dealer I go. Narrowed my choice between a TC40DA ($22,300) and a TC40D ($20,600) both w/ 16LA loaders. This was last Fri.--told dealer I would be back in touch. Back to the TBNers to read your opinions to see if the TC40DA was worth the extra. Thanks to your help I decided it was not. Back to the dealer today. Was again looking at the 2 tractors one more time when the salesman came up and ask if I realized one of the tractors I was looking at was a TC45D. Hadn't even noticed. Said he sold the TC40D the next day and moved the TC45D to the same place. After my week of snoozing I decided to get serious. Inked the following to be delivered next week.
TC45D HST w/16LA loader $21,800
CA 4in1 bucket w/ detachable toothbar and touch kit
($2600 w/ stock bucket trade-in)
4 rear wheel weights ($344)
Bradco Bush Grapple Rake ($3000)
Total $27,744

Well what do you folks think? Did I do OK?

/ You snooze; you lose OR do you ??? #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Did I do OK?
)</font>

I think you did just fine. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

But hey....

For just $500 more you could have had the TC40DA with 5 less horsepower and really ugly lights. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ You snooze; you lose OR do you ???
Thanks jinman. I forgot to mention the price includes R-4 loaded tires. I agree the new headlights would have to grow on me but I don't have to worry about that. However, I really love the new, colorful decals. Kinda look racey. Maybe I could just get some for the loader to "jazz" it up??