The New Rural King Tractors

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / The New Rural King Tractors #1  

dougg

Bronze Member
Rural King says it's new tractor line is made by TYM and comes equipped with Yanmar engines. Prices look ok. Any opinions out there?

/ The New Rural King Tractors #3  
Never heard of them but that RK19 sub compact looks like a good deal for $11,500 with MMM, loader and 8 year powertrain warranty. 8 years is nuts!

/ The New Rural King Tractors #4  
Price will move some, but not enough.

/ The New Rural King Tractors #5  
I don't know much about the quality of TYM tractors but I do know that Yanmar builds great Diesel engines. Dealer support over the long term would be my primary concern.

/ The New Rural King Tractors #6  
Just bought the RK55S with FEL and BH. I've put just over 15 hours on it and so far I love it! I did a lot of research on different tractors, all the majors and some not so much. Then someone told me that Rural King was selling tractors. What?? So I checked them out, finding that they are actually made by TYM. The RK55 is basically the same as TYM T554. Seems to be well built, very heavy duty. Lots of options that seem to cost extra on the other brands. So far, we're very happy with our purchase.

/ The New Rural King Tractors #7  
Just bought the RK55S with FEL and BH. I've put just over 15 hours on it and so far I love it! I did a lot of research on different tractors, all the majors and some not so much. Then someone told me that Rural King was selling tractors. What?? So I checked them out, finding that they are actually made by TYM. The RK55 is basically the same as TYM T554. Seems to be well built, very heavy duty. Lots of options that seem to cost extra on the other brands. So far, we're very happy with our purchase.

Must send some pics please.

/ The New Rural King Tractors #8  
Cabelas were selling TYM as a reference.

/ The New Rural King Tractors #9  
Must send some pics please.

We're going out to our property this weekend, so I'll try to take a few pix to post. One thing I'll add is that where you can go to get your tractor serviced/repaired is very important and I've noticed that that is even a deciding point on which tractor brand some buy. Such as buying a JD because a dealer is only a mile away, etc. Well, fyi, every Rural King that sells tractors also services them. I was also told that if you have a problem, they will come out to your property to fix it and if need be, take it back to work on it. I don't know if that's all true or not as we've not had any problems with ours so far. I was also told that they can be worked on at any TYM service center but not for warranty work. Rural King is also planning on expanding their tractor line to more stores as soon as maintenance areas are setup and personnel trained.

So, thanks for the interest, I'll send some photos as soon as I can. It seems to be a great tractor, I hope more interest will develop as it would be nice to talk to others who have purchased one and their thoughts.

/ The New Rural King Tractors #10  
Questionable, having a tractor serviced by a Rural King clerk whose other job is stocking shelves/cashier ... caveat emptor :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.