Buying Advice Kubota L3901 hst

/ Kubota L3901 hst #1  

gravelman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 2650
hi folks..gravelman here...i have a friend looking at a Kubota L3901 HST It is only a couple years old.. very low hours. does anyone out there have one?? if so, all advice, opinions very much welcomed. Also described as "electronic throttle" I believe that is when it throttles up when you push the peddles etc. I kinda like that feature. Thanks all, look forward to hearing.

/ Kubota L3901 hst #2  
My family has two L3901s and they are nice little tractors. They have some limitations, but what doesn't. A few observations:

1) Very good power to weight ratio and pretty nimble, but they don't seem to turn as sharp as I think they should for a small tractor.
2) Very light when doing loader work. You definitely need to be careful to have the correct amount of weight on the rear.
3) Fit and finish is great as well as ergonomics. Some don't like the "treddle" pedal, I don't mind it.
4) The engine is very quiet and smooth. So for we've had no issues with the emissions hardware.
5) Loader hydraulics are very smooth and responsive.

/ Kubota L3901 hst
THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH.. that is very helpful and most appreciated..

/ Kubota L3901 hst #4  
My family has two L3901s and they are nice little tractors. They have some limitations, but what doesn't. A few observations:

1) Very good power to weight ratio and pretty nimble, but they don't seem to turn as sharp as I think they should for a small tractor.
2) Very light when doing loader work. You definitely need to be careful to have the correct amount of weight on the rear.
3) Fit and finish is great as well as ergonomics. Some don't like the "treddle" pedal, I don't mind it.
4) The engine is very quiet and smooth. So for we've had no issues with the emissions hardware.
5) Loader hydraulics are very smooth and responsive.

On #2, Not a great machine for serious loader work, but a fine general purpose tractor.

/ Kubota L3901 hst #5  
The 3901 doesn't have an auto-throttle advance linked to the HST treadle like the Grand-L models do. But it may have an electronic throttle, where the lever just acts like a knob and then the computer actually moves the throttle (aka throttle by wire). I know the previous L3200/L3800 models have a mechanical throttle, but I have never looked under the hood of an L3301/L3901 to see what kind of arrangement it has. The L3301/L3901 added quite a bit more electronic control to the engine, plus the emissions system has the ability to vary throttle during regen mode, so it would stand to reason it has throttle by wire too.

/ Kubota L3901 hst
ok, im not sure but i don't think this one has regen system...thanks for that

/ Kubota L3901 hst
ok, got it..thanks

/ Kubota L3901 hst #9  
The rear ends are awfully light. I loaded the tires, AND added wheel weights. Made a ton of difference, no pun intended...

/ Kubota L3901 hst #10  
Weight wise these tractors are just right for the average home owners. Light enough to drive over the lawn but heavy enough to do some meaningful ground engagement work. Personally I'd rather have a light tractor and have the ability to add weight as needed for each task rather than have a tractor that is too heavy all the time. All that said the L3901 is a great tractor to have.