Priced a new Kubota L2501 with implements

/ Priced a new Kubota L2501 with implements #1  

alanferg

Tractor
None
Hello all, I just joined and hopefully soon-to-be tractor owner. Been reading TBN now for days. Closing soon on 230 mostly wooded acres in Aroostook County, Maine, with plans to build. I'm looking for a tractor to keep ~25 acres of brush and grass in check, clear snow, maintain road, dig 7' trenches, and excavate/move around loam and gravel. Was looking at B series but discovered a lot of happy L2501 owners. The weight and power seems good for my needs and doesn't include the DPF/emissions junk.

Kubota quoted me $37,500 out the door for this setup:
- Kubota L2501HST no cab with loaded R4 tires
- LA525 60" loader
- BB1260 60" box scraper
- SB1064 Rear snowblower
- RCR1260 60" rotary cutter
- BH77 backhoe

Reasonable price?

Last edited:
   / Priced a new Kubota L2501 with implements #2  
I recently bought an L2501. I love it.
I can't reply to your total price because I got different attachments.
I will say that I got 3 dealer quotes and they were all 10% less then MSRP.
You can find MSRP by using the build my Kubota on their site. Figuring the attachments is tougher.

I do have a few suggestions:

1: get the rear remotes. I ordered mine with 3 remotes and top and tilt.

2: SSQA is a nice option also. 66" bucket comes with it.

3. You should get a 66" BOx blade. With R4 tires the width of tractor is about 62-63"

/ Priced a new Kubota L2501 with implements #3  
O and you should go with the 25 series box blade. It is a good 100 lbs heavier then the the 15.
So I recommend the 2566 BB

/ Priced a new Kubota L2501 with implements #4  
Hello all, I just joined and hopefully soon-to-be tractor owner. Been reading TBN now for days. Closing soon on 230 mostly wooded acres in Aroostook County, Maine, with plans to build. I'm looking for a tractor to keep ~25 acres of brush and grass in check, clear snow, maintain road, dig 7' trenches, and excavate/move around loam and gravel. Was looking at B series but discovered a lot of happy L2501 owners. The weight and power seems good for my needs and doesn't include the DPF/emissions junk.

- LA525 60" loader
- BB1260 60" box scraper
- SB1064 Rear snowblower
- BH77 backhoe

Reasonable price?

Sounds like a good price if the snow blower and BH77 have a combined cost of $16,500. Pre tax for tractor/loader/shredded should be somewhere between $20,500 and $22,000 depending on how slow the salesmans month is. I would strongly recommend you upgrade your shredded to the RCR1860...the 12 series is a price point, if any one says they are pleased with one after their purchase they Either don't use it or lack a frame of reference.

/ Priced a new Kubota L2501 with implements
Sounds like a good price if the snow blower and BH77 have a combined cost of $16,500. Pre tax for tractor/loader/shredded should be somewhere between $20,500 and $22,000 depending on how slow the salesmans month is. I would strongly recommend you upgrade your shredded to the RCR1860...the 12 series is a price point, if any one says they are pleased with one after their purchase they Either don't use it or lack a frame of reference.

The tractor/loader/cutter is $22,900 pre-tax. Backhoe/snowblower is $12,000 pre-tax. Rest is box scraper, doc/title, and tax.

I'll look into upgraded cutter. Thanks for tip!

/ Priced a new Kubota L2501 with implements
I recently bought an L2501. I love it.
I can't reply to your total price because I got different attachments.
I will say that I got 3 dealer quotes and they were all 10% less then MSRP.
You can find MSRP by using the build my Kubota on their site. Figuring the attachments is tougher.

I do have a few suggestions:

1: get the rear remotes. I ordered mine with 3 remotes and top and tilt.

2: SSQA is a nice option also. 66" bucket comes with it.

3. You should get a 66" BOx blade. With R4 tires the width of tractor is about 62-63"

If I understand correctly, I don't have a need for remote valves presently. Is there an advantage to installing now vs later?
Thanks for tips!

/ Priced a new Kubota L2501 with implements #7  
If I understand correctly, I don't have a need for remote valves presently. Is there an advantage to installing now vs later?
Thanks for tips!

Price, convenience and cleanliness.
Plus, you now have the dealer's attention since he's about to get paid.

/ Priced a new Kubota L2501 with implements #8  
Thanks for tips!

I knew I wanted T&T and I got the 3rd valve just because I might want it in the future.

As mentioned, doing it now is cleaner and more convenient. Another plus is it gets wrapped in the financing now.

/ Priced a new Kubota L2501 with implements #9  
Alanferg, I would definitely add the rear remotes. IMO they will come in handy at some point and time. Make sure you get a couple of quotes to see about the price range. Also, I live in the same neck of the woods as you and you may want to think of adding a cab. It gets really cold here in the winter when trying to blow snow.

Last edited:
   / Priced a new Kubota L2501 with implements #10  

- LA525 60" loader
- BB1260 60" box scraper
- SB1064 Rear snowblower
- BH77 backhoe

Reasonable price?

Sounds high to me. I priced L2501 with loader and backhoe with rebates was $23,000 without tax. That was in December.