Orange 2501 vs Green 3025

/ Orange 2501 vs Green 3025 #1  

Shortl Ne

Tractor
Kubota L2501 HST 4X4 Craftsman T3300
Probably done to death, but let's go again. I've been reading for days, near pulling trigger. Still torn. Have a Craftsman T3300 currently, to get us by for now-moving from the suburbs of Oklahoma City, where we had 0.22 acres, most of which was house, to Rural Alabama near Birmingham, where we now have 10 pasture acres.

Wife and son have horses, so we bought land with only pasture, trees ring us, and a few growing in the yard. The rest is all grass. It is sloped, with terraces from previous farming. Segmented into one large 5 acre pasture, two 2 +\- acre pastures, and yard around house, and barn areas make up the rest

Paid to get it cut down initially, had been vacant for over a year and was overgrown. It's now cut back, and our neighbor is taking care of the big 5 acres in exchange for letting him turn out his horses. I just mowed the rest again, without new little Craftsman T3300. As you can imagine, that wasn't much fun, but we got it done.

So we need a bigger tractor, I do t want to rely on neighbors much, and Wes have some work to do, moving old RR ties the previous owner used to make an "arena", some gravel work on the road and driveway, of course, mowing, and optimally, spraying the pastures, and eventually spreading manure and fire ant bait.

In my limited knowledge, which has been vastly improved thanks to you all, I've narrowed it down to the John deer 3025E And the Kubota L2501, both HST, with a finish mower on the back, and bucket on the front. Only other MUST have right now, is forks for the bucket to move those **** ties, and other General lifting/moving work.

Both are similarly priced. Bucket/brush hog equipped was around $16,900 for Kubota, and around $17,900 for the John Deer. Sure, I would love bigger, but price is a huge concern-this move already cost us a ton, and I simply can't spend more than around $20k with implements, and I like the no emissions stuff of the 25 HP models.

So-pros/cons for the orange one, or the green one? (And yes I looked at Kioti, Mahindra, etc, but the orange and green dealers are only 6 miles away-I like that. The others, are quite a ways from me. So I will of course listen to other suggestions, but really want a local convenient dealer and service. Thanks in advance!

/ Orange 2501 vs Green 3025 #2  
I have the little larger 3301. Very nice machine, and about as basic as they come. I would offer the following advice- get the quick attach for the bucket / forks; get the tires loaded for weight, and consider additional wheel weights, these small L's are light in the rear; consider the gear drive, easy to use, more hp available, and less $... Overall, I highly recommend the Kubota, but ... I am a bit of an orange guy...

/ Orange 2501 vs Green 3025 #3  
Which dealer are you more comfortable with. Both are good machines

/ Orange 2501 vs Green 3025 #4  
As between those two models, I think the Kubota has two distinct advantages that would mean a lot in everyday operation: 1. Three range HST vs. two range on the Deere. That mid range is a good all-around speed range that covers most of your regular tasks while the two range setup means you will be shifting between the two quite a bit. 2. Easily removable loader vs. non-removable one on the basic 3025e. Detaching the loader improves mowing, for example, by offering better visibility, more maneuverability, better handling, less soil compaction. I think there is an optional kit you can add to the 3025e to detach the loader, but still not as convenient.

/ Orange 2501 vs Green 3025 #5  
One thing I recently learned on the dealer, after I had already bought mine. If you buy across state lines you can avoid the sales tax and save a decent chunk of money. From what I have gathered as long as you accept delivery in another state it is fine. Between the 2 you listed I like the Kubota better. I test drove the 2501 before I bought my mahindra 2538 and I really liked it. From what I read the 2501 has a very high torque engine that produces beyond its specs but because of the specs it stays under the tier 4 requirements. Also read the Deere in that series has an aluminum rear end, just me but not good if you need use a chain to pull an occasional stump or something.

/ Orange 2501 vs Green 3025
One thing I recently learned on the dealer, after I had already bought mine. If you buy across state lines you can avoid the sales tax and save a decent chunk of money. From what I have gathered as long as you accept delivery in another state it is fine. Between the 2 you listed I like the Kubota better. I test drove the 2501 before I bought my mahindra 2538 and I really liked it. From what I read the 2501 has a very high torque engine that produces beyond its specs but because of the specs it stays under the tier 4 requirements. Also read the Deere in that series has an aluminum rear end, just me but not good if you need use a chain to pull an occasional stump or something.

Thank you all. Frankly, I kinda was hoping there would be a reason to go John Deer......always saw them as kinda Americana. But, I agree, for all the reasons stated above, Kubota seems to be the pretty clear winner. The only downside, is I like the dual pedal better than the treadle, but it's not a huge deal. I did find out however, there is also a Massey Fergusun dealer near me. (I'm new here, and frankly didn't think to look for them online).

So, let's add a twist-clearly the Kubota seems to beat the JD. How does it compare to the MF 1526? Not a lot of info on that compact, that I can find. Just some promo video, and a few small references. It seems to spec close to the Kubota. Thoughts?

/ Orange 2501 vs Green 3025 #7  
Thank you all. Frankly, I kinda was hoping there would be a reason to go John Deer......always saw them as kinda Americana. But, I agree, for all the reasons stated above, Kubota seems to be the pretty clear winner. The only downside, is I like the dual pedal better than the treadle, but it's not a huge deal. I did find out however, there is also a Massey Fergusun dealer near me. (I'm new here, and frankly didn't think to look for them online).

So, let's add a twist-clearly the Kubota seems to beat the JD. How does it compare to the MF 1526? Not a lot of info on that compact, that I can find. Just some promo video, and a few small references. It seems to spec close to the Kubota. Thoughts?

I don't know the specs off the top of my head but will submit that when everything else is close, for me it will always come down to comfort on the machine so if you preferred the dual pedal as I do take the time to look at the MF. Buy the machine that fits you the best as they are both good machines.

/ Orange 2501 vs Green 3025 #8  
. The only downside, is I like the dual pedal better than the treadle, but it's not a huge deal.

The dual pedal vs treadle won't be an issue once it is yours and you've been on it a few times in my opinion. I'd suggest the other aspects of the brands/models are more important. I have all three brands you are looking at and would go with Kubota in that size, but that is me. You really can't go wrong though with one of these three brands.