Price Check daughter selling Dad's early 50's Ford in Cleveland, Ohio

/ daughter selling Dad's early 50's Ford in Cleveland, Ohio #1  

CadizHunter

Is there a blue book or some way for daughter to get fair valuation? Runs good. Has 4 gear.

She's thinking about parking in front yard with for sale sign to settle estate. Or, should I post for her in TBN classified?

I have about 6 more pictures, but not much info. Please help me help her.

DSCN2976.JPGDSCN2982.JPG

/ daughter selling Dad's early 50's Ford in Cleveland, Ohio #2  
I would do all of the above. If you want to sell something you need to let as many people know as possible. So I would do the classified here, Craigslist, put it in the front yard with a sign, etc. It looks to be in really nice shape so i would also consider contacting a local gas and steam group as somebody may be very interested in it. If there is a local gas and steam show I would take it there as those are the people who are interested.

Pricing?? i do not know these tractors so I will others on here advise you of that.

BTW - Welcome!

/ daughter selling Dad's early 50's Ford in Cleveland, Ohio #3  
   / daughter selling Dad's early 50's Ford in Cleveland, Ohio #4  
I would be careful parking on the side of the road without securing it. The key switch is of little value to prevent theft. If you will do an internet search for the tractor you want to sell you should find enough to get a good idea of price.

/ daughter selling Dad's early 50's Ford in Cleveland, Ohio #5  
I don't know anything about old (or new, for that matter) tractors, but that one looks cool! Love the Art Deco styles me and colors. Very cool.

/ daughter selling Dad's early 50's Ford in Cleveland, Ohio #6  
I'm trying to wrap my head around what that thing is. It's clearly an early 50's Ford 8N because of the tachometer gauge on the lower right dash. Only the early fifties models had those.

The engine is a flat head but not from an early 50's Ford tractor because it doesn't have the tell-tale side mount distributor. The hood and gas tank have been oddly lifted and modified to accept a down draft carb setup, which the 8N never had. It had an updraft carb.

Somebody spent a lot of time modifying that tractor to accept an incorrect engine. Or the engine is modded in peculiar fashion. I can't see how any of those mods made it better than original. More power maybe? But why?

The sheet metal appears to be in good condition. Maybe a hobbyist will take it off your hands as a project.

Running, original condition, Ford 8N's are worth around $2000 here in Virginia, give or take a few hundred based on condition. That tractor is probably worth a lot less despite it's good sheet metal because some one would have to invest a lot of time and money to bring it back to original.

Last edited:
   / daughter selling Dad's early 50's Ford in Cleveland, Ohio #7  
That appears to be a 6 cylinder flathead. Is that a Funk conversion?

There is another 8N with the 6 cylinder conversion in not nearly as good of condition for sale in NEO right now. If that tractor is truly a Funk conversion, that makes it more interesting to collectors

/ daughter selling Dad's early 50's Ford in Cleveland, Ohio #8  
That appears to be a 6 cylinder flathead. Is that a Funk conversion?

There is another 8N with the 6 cylinder conversion in not nearly as good of condition for sale in NEO right now. If that tractor is truly a Funk conversion, that makes it more interesting to collectors

That's what it looks like to me based on some quick google research. Also appears to be one of the earlier ones due to the use of the Channel Iron reinforcements.

Ford 8N Funk Conversions

/ daughter selling Dad's early 50's Ford in Cleveland, Ohio #9  
CadizHunter: So you have one recommendation that the typical Ford 8N sells for $2k, another that it will go for less because it has been customized and yet others saying it's worth more because it's actually a rare and somewhat coveted customization! What to do? If you just want it gone, list it at the average going price and see what happens. If you'd like to see if it will bring more, do some research. There is an antique Ford tractor collectors association, and they may have a chapter in NE Ohio. Here's the national association website:

Ford-Fordson

Good luck!

/ daughter selling Dad's early 50's Ford in Cleveland, Ohio #10  
Hope the OP is listening. Just the cool factor of what might be a funk conversion makes this a little more appealing.