Z Turn Mowers

/ Z Turn Mowers #1  

kenmac

Tractor
McCormick CX105 Kubota MX 5100 HST, Kubota ZD1021, Kawsaki Mule 4010 trans 4x4
Looking at Bad Boy and X Mark 60'' cut..
Who owns one of these ?
Would you buy the the brand again ?

/ Z Turn Mowers #2  
Looking at Bad Boy and X Mark 60'' cut..
Who owns one of these ?
Would you buy the the brand again ?
I would also put Ferris ZTR on your list.

/ Z Turn Mowers #3  
Don't really think you can go wrong with any that are commercial building quality.

Have seen the bad boys but never used one. They look like they are built as good as the rest.

But I haven't seen any commercial mowing outfits use them. It's all exmark and Scag around here

/ Z Turn Mowers #4  
Bad boy not used here commercially but dealer network is spotty. X Mark and Scag rule with Toro,Hustler 3 and 4.

/ Z Turn Mowers #5  
Bad boy not used here commercially but dealer network is spotty. X Mark and Scag rule with Toro,Hustler 3 and 4.

Toro owns exmark.

So its like a chevy vs GMC thing with those two. Some subtle differences, but same basic machine

/ Z Turn Mowers #6  
I would also put Ferris ZTR on your list.
I was going to post your response but didn't because it didn't answer the question. However, since you "broke the ice" I feel free to respond to your post and will add that the Ferris IS 700Z (61") I purchased this spring is everything I wanted and expected. I did see one in professional service while at the hospital one day and watched it for awhile. That pretty well convinced me that it would serve my purposes which it has. I bought the Vanguard 26 and it is plenty of hp. Seldom run at WOT and fuel economy for a 26 hp is super.....not necessarily the engine per se. Whacking 5' on a pass gets the job done fast and consumption on engines is usually in gallons per hour.

Only addition was a pair of springs under the seat since it comes without them. Just makes a great machine better. If interested, just go to the Google search engine and type in: 732-05182A; about 6 bucks apiece.

/ Z Turn Mowers
mine will be for home owner use (cut about 6 acres) Only mowers I see the commercial guys use are x mark. Never seen a Ferris used by the commercial guys.
Is X mark that good ?

/ Z Turn Mowers #8  
I'd add both Kubota and John Deere to the list...

Can't say I've seen too many Kubotas, but there sure are a lot of Deere ZTR's on the landscaping trailers.

I own a Deere...Z920. Works great mowing my 2-3 acre lawn. I'd love a Deere 997 (diesel), but boy! are they $$$$

For 6 acres, I'd sure consider a diesel mower...

/ Z Turn Mowers
I'd add both Kubota and John Deere to the list...

Can't say I've seen too many Kubotas, but there sure are a lot of Deere ZTR's on the landscaping trailers.

I own a Deere...Z920. Works great mowing my 2-3 acre lawn. I'd love a Deere 997 (diesel), but boy! are they $$$$

For 6 acres, I'd sure consider a diesel mower...

A diesel would be . I'm hoping to stay in the 6-7 K range for a mower. I don't think I can touch a diesel for that

/ Z Turn Mowers #10  
A diesel would be . I'm hoping to stay in the 6-7 K range for a mower. I don't think I can touch a diesel for that

True...