Buying Advice kubota vs jd

/ kubota vs jd #11  
It must be a New York thing because I never had any trouble with service with my many John Deere's in 50 years of owning them. I thought John Deere was the top of the line except on Kubota forums.

My best service is Caterpillar followed by Deere Commercial, Kubota and least is Deere Ag...

I have a Deere yellow 110 TLB and can't say enough good things and only wish I could say the same about Deere Green... they are big dealers and deal with large and very large operations... here in Central California.

/ kubota vs jd
ok, understood... brush mowing.. snowplowing, light bucket work...grapple for handling logs wood etc brush clearing. thats about it

/ kubota vs jd #13  
I own both, and do my own maintenance so dealerships don't make much difference to me. Since JD and Kubota are both are top quality there isn't much to compare for quality. In that case we have the luxury of comparing features rather than brands.. Of course if you are going to compare with anything in the compact JD line, it only makes sense to include Yanmar too.
rScotty

/ kubota vs jd
ok, thanks for the input

/ kubota vs jd #15  
A have always owned JDs but on a trip to Wis a couple weeks ago I stopped at a fairly big Kubota dealer to look at them and maybe try out a treadle operated machines.

After getting on a couple 50-60 HP machines and working the pedals, for the life of me I cannot get past how awkward the pedal configuration was.

Although I would never turn one down, that would be a major sticking point with me but obviously from all the raves about Kubota people like that setup.

/ kubota vs jd #16  
Stick with Kubota. John Deere makes their toy tractors out of steel and their real tractors out of plastic!