Help Choosing Kubota Tractor and Price Check

/ Help Choosing Kubota Tractor and Price Check #1  

kobatang

Tractor
B2650
Hi :)

I've been lurking and learning as much as possible in the past few weeks. I finally went to get some information from a dealer.

I have a 5 acre homesite, 2 acres of that is woods (Path making), 2 acres is field, and about 1 acre is the homesite with surrounding landscaping.

All I plan to do is basic things like moving mulch, dirt, leveling, tilling, grappling wood piles, pulling carts full of weeds - basic non business things to keep the place looking nice and projects for if and when they come up.

Here is the package we put together including the price.

Kubota B2650HSD W/ LA534 LOADER, 2 LVR QUICK $19,200
Attach 54" BUCKET, R4 TIRES
BH77 BACKHOE w 16" BKT MECH TUMB SUBFRAME KIT $8300
LANDPRIDE 50" TILLER $1890
LANDPRIDE 60" BRUSH CUTTER $1260
KUBOTA 60" MIDMOUNT MOWER $2500
CANOPY $470
LANDPRIDE 60 GRAPPLE W/3rd function valve $2650
LANDPRIDE 60" BOX SCRAPER $660
QUICK ATTACH SOMETHING OR OTHER for $300

-600 for two rebates
Free delivery
$36630 + TAX

Does this seem like a reasonable configuration and price for the type of purpose I will use? Are there any suggestions on other implements that are useful?

Thank you :)

/ Help Choosing Kubota Tractor and Price Check #2  
Looks like you have all the bases covered for sure.My personal choice would not include a back-hoe.Too expensive and limited use but if you have a "lot" of uses it can be justified.

/ Help Choosing Kubota Tractor and Price Check #3  
Use the online "Build my Kubota" to determine the MSRP for your setup and compare to the quote you received. It varies by region, but some discounting can usually be negotiated.

/ Help Choosing Kubota Tractor and Price Check #4  
A backhoe on a machine this size is really just a power shovel... a landscaping tool. If you plan on a lot of that, and some trail building, well ok then. But these are real nice tractors, you can't go wrong.

/ Help Choosing Kubota Tractor and Price Check #5  
For me, buying a backhoe was a very expensive mistake. By the time I remove whatever is on the 3 point hitch, bolt the sub frame on, add the backhoe and then dig with marginal power I could have driven to the rental place, pick up a Mini ex, save a ton of money and have a better experience.

Mark

After further review, in addition to ditching the backhoe I would ditch the mid mount mower and buy a medium duty zero turn. You will get the grass cut before you hook up the mmm. I like a flail mower for field use, especially around houses. I have a rotary cutter but it is only for use in the woods.

/ Help Choosing Kubota Tractor and Price Check #6  
I second the recommendation to drop the mid mount mower for a ZTR. I had a mid-mount and will not get another. I'd also recommend that you look closely at the tasks you intend to use the box blade for. It seems to be a common implement that dealers sell with the tractor, but mine has turned into a not very good counter weight when I use the FEL.

As for the backhoe, it is an unusual attachment. But, I have one and will never get rid of it. It is expensive, I can rent a mini-ex, but the backhoe has paid for itself in rental fees in the first year. I have one that you "only have to pull 2 pins to drop it or put it on". That's true, but - you also have to remove/replace all the 3 pt hitch parts and be lined up within 1/2", so I've gotten it down to about 2 hrs to change implements. And it takes a lot of storage space.

/ Help Choosing Kubota Tractor and Price Check
Thank you all for the replies. I'm letting it soak in. There is a part of me that just "wants to play" with the backhoe, like moving dirt around as a zen meditation exercise :)

The box blade was recommended for pulling shallow roots out of the ground for things like blackberry bushes. I am not sure if this sales person had personal experience or not with that, but he said folks have used it for that. I know people use it for leveling, I'm not sure if I "need" that. I know for sure that the loader and bucket will get used, I do have a zero turn mower so perhaps the mmm would be a waste and a brush hog could be useful if the grass/field gets too tall for some reason, or making path in the woods?

Grapple looks like it is useful for picking up piles of brush and moving it to a burn pile or chipper.

Thanks for the wisdom, I will take all the advice I can get :)