Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4610 & BX2230, Farmall Super M, Super A

Default Re: South west PA and steep hills with a SCUT?

I would agree. Tractor needs to be set up for mowing, with the loader off the front and no implement on the back for maximum stability. With lug tires instead of turfs, it should even handle moist conditions.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2350

Yes, I think a front wheel assist SCUT will handle that fine. It would also be fine without the FEL on and turf tires, it would just need to be dry when you do it.
    Dave,
    BX2350

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Craftsman Excellerator GT (2010)

Would you guys go with the beet juice filled middle option R4 tire, or the beet juice filled full blown cleat tire? Or... the option I am thinking is the R4 tire with chains and beet juice?

Looking at the wheels at the dealer on Friday, there does not appear to be a way to hang weights inside the rim barrels like I can on the Craftsman. I see no holes to run the bolts through... Is there a way to add weights, or am I correct that beet juice is your sole option?
    2010 Craftsman Excellerator GT
    26HP Kohler Courage / Hydro Gear G730
    54" Deck, chains and wheel weights.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4610 & BX2230, Farmall Super M, Super A

Don't know about Massey, but there is a wheel weight kit offered for the kubota.

Tractor
    YM240D

If you're looking at the MF1710/1720 you might also consider the Yanmar SA line. I really don't know how pricing and features compare, but I know a member here who has an MF also regarded the Yanmar machines highly. If nothing else but to put pricing into reference. There are some guys over in the Yanmar section that have 424 that are very happy with them. Don't know if you can get a mowing deck for that size or if you have to step down....

Here's one example: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/y...-got-real.html

Tractor
    Kubota BX2380

I have R4's and like them. Don't tear up the yard.
    David

Tractor
    Kubota BX2350

Just going by my experience with my BX, I think just about any tire you use on that hill would work. Turf tires, Ag or R4's will probably work as long as it isn't wet. You can get wheel weights or fill the tires. I have Rimguard (beet juice) in mine.
    Dave,
    BX2350

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Craftsman Excellerator GT (2010)

So... looking at things further and starting to gather data in excel.... There is not a HUGE gap between a sub and a compact, but the compact can yield you pretty significant increases in front end loader and backhoe capability. It looks like $5,000 separates the Sub from the Compact, or a 25% increase.

I have pretty much decided that I am not going to make my move until March 2018. I really like the specs on the KIOTI (I think it is pronounced like the dog... Coyote???) compact CK2510 with FEL/MMM/Backhoe for $23695 + taxes.

Tell me, is it a standard situation that you can buy out of state and escape sales taxes? If so, I could save $1200 or more from that point of view. I also don't mind buying out of state and driving to pick the thing up, I have a 25' equipment trailer so hauling it is not an issue.

I don't know anything about KIOTI brand... or the Branson brand for the same price. I've read on this forum and seen on YouTube enogh negativity on Mahindra that the Max 26 that I had a hard on over has slid back away from my plate. I'm getting that "don't trust it!" kind of vibe towards Mahindra.

The Massey 1720 Sub is still on the table, and of the Sub units it does have pretty stout backhoe numbers but... the front end loader is the weakest in the class at 580#.

I figure that no matter what color paint is on the unit, it will likely start and cut grass just fine, so the money should be spent looking at the FEL/BH specs... correct? Taking that perspective you quickly realize that the KIOTIis the winner, but what if it makes the trouble prone Mahindra look like a Honda?

If I were going to pick the unit with the best all around feature set, I think the Branson ( A brand that I have never heard spoken before in my life) 2400H for $23,500 with tax included would be the hotrod to own.The FEL is not shabby at 1060# lifting force, the backhoe is pretty beastly at 2755 bucket force to pop roots and dislodge rocks, the hydro system is pretty stout at 4.8 gal implement.

If I did not read and see video of all the Mahindra issues, I would have a hard time pulling myself away from the Max 26 for $26,000 + Tax.... Or without tax if it could be fanangled.

So anyways, I attached the chart, I would appreciate feedback on KIOTI and Branson and also feelings on them compared to the Max 26. Is Mahindra more trouble prone than its peers?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails South west PA and steep hills with a SCUT?-tractor-comparator-sheet-jpg  
    2010 Craftsman Excellerator GT
    26HP Kohler Courage / Hydro Gear G730
    54" Deck, chains and wheel weights.

Tractor
    YM240D

@RockCrawler-
    That's a thorough spread sheet and nice of you to post so others can find and compare models quickly. I promise I'm not a shill for Yanmar, but, for completeness and because others seem to like them, did you consider them? I think they are running a free loader program at the moment so might be price competitive.

Re: Kioti- they are not new to the party. They've been around quite a while and I think you'll find lots of satisfied Kioti customers here. They don't have the wide-spread reputation of kubota or Deere but if they are in the second tier in quality (that's a big if) they are certainly in the first tier for value.

Tractor
    Yanmar YT359

Quote Originally Posted by woolyAcres View Post
    If you're looking at the MF1710/1720 you might also consider the Yanmar SA line. I really don't know how pricing and features compare, but I know a member here who has an MF also regarded the Yanmar machines highly. If nothing else but to put pricing into reference. There are some guys over in the Yanmar section that have 424 that are very happy with them. Don't know if you can get a mowing deck for that size or if you have to step down....

Here's one example: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/y...-got-real.html
    woolyAcres,
    On Yanmar SA Series mid PTO is standard equipment and 60" mid-mount mower is available for Models 221, 324 and 424.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast