Tractor "season"

/ Tractor "season" #1  

Michael Aos

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2370-1 RTV500
When I bought my 2016 BX2370 in January 2017, I couldn't find anything for sale locally.

Just noticed a 2016 BX25D, 2016 B2601, and 2017 BX2670 all listed today on Craigslist.

Is it tractor selling season?
--

/ Tractor "season" #2  
Yep, local John Deere has a 5075 I'm having a hard time not staring at with the price he has on it:drool:

/ Tractor "season" #3  
Probably more like Murphy's Law (can't find it until you don't need it).

/ Tractor "season" #4  
I've noticed more sale offerings on CL in the fall with prices declining somewhat through winter, then first hint of spring prices jump up.

/ Tractor "season" #5  
Even in my area pvt. tractor sales are up,in some cases almost cheaper/wiser to purchase new.

Like motorcycle or boat buy beginning of the off season.

/ Tractor "season" #6  
I bought a tractor during the Christmas season a couple of years ago. I remarked to the sales guy that there sure seemed to be a lot of folks buying at that time, as I was. He said that the Christmas season, right up to New Years, is there busiest stretch of the year. It seemed preposterous at first, but he went on to explain it as "Dad gets a tractor for Christmas". It made a lot of sense, especially since he probably was referencing smaller CUTS and subCuts and this is snow country.

/ Tractor "season" #7  
If you buy a used tractor, check to see if there's a lien on it (this from another thread, worth reading). There should be a UCC lookup, or call a dealership for the tractor you are considering. You could pay a lot of money and have no tractor.