Kubota ZD 1021

/ Kubota ZD 1021 #1  

kenmac

Tractor
McCormick CX105 Kubota MX 5100 HST, Kubota ZD1021, Kawsaki Mule 4010 trans 4x4
This post is about a Kubota diesel z turn mower I bought last friday.
Made the deal on the phone, went to dealer, wrote check, picked up mower.
Brought mower home, Unloaded off trailer and drove it around a bit (no grass gutting). I let my wife drive it around for bit

Next day (sat) I had some things to do in the barn, so I didn't get to cut grass until about 2pm.
Started cutting grass. All was going well/ Then, all of a sudden I hear a noise ,and the engine begins to bog. I stop and disengage the blades. The continues continues to bog. I look at the temp gauge it is at normal.

I shut the engine down, get off the mower and raise the hood. I can tell the engine is very hot !
I look at the over flow bottle, and see no coolant. I take the rad. cap off and there is no coolant in the rad !
I have n idea where the coolant went. I guess it blew it out the exhaust (behind me)

I let the engine cool down a bit, and fill the rad with water. I start the engine, and it's missing badly and smoking.

I get it loaded on the trailer. I returned to the dealer today. I told them I expected a new mower ,as this mower only has 2.9 hrs on the meter and 1 of those hrs was showing when I bought it.

The dealer had his mechanics give it a quick look over, and advise him that the engine must have blown a head gasket, and blew the coolant out the exhaust.

I again said, I wan't this mower replaced, I don't want this mower with this engine, at the least, I deserve an new engine in this mower.

Dealer says He will have to contact the Kubota rep as to how to proceed.

Am I out of line asking for a new mower, or a new engine in this mower ?

Never had anything like this happen B-4 ..
Any insight as to What should I expect from this Kubota rep ?

So far, I'm not a happy first Kubota owner

/ Kubota ZD 1021 #2  
Brought mower home, Unloaded off trailer and drove it around a bit (no grass gutting). I let my wife drive it around for bit

Next day (sat) I had some things to do in the barn, so I didn't get to cut grass until about 2pm.
Started cutting grass. All was going well/ Then, all of a sudden I hear a noise ,and the engine begins to bog. I stop and disengage the blades. The continues continues to bog. I look at the temp gauge it is at normal.

I shut the engine down, get off the mower and raise the hood. I can tell the engine is very hot !
I look at the over flow bottle, and see no coolant. I take the rad. cap off and there is no coolant in the rad !
I have n idea where the coolant went. I guess it blew it out the exhaust (behind me)

I let the engine cool down a bit, and fill the rad with water. I start the engine, and it's missing badly and smoking.

I get it loaded on the trailer. I returned to the dealer today. I told them I expected a new mower ,as this mower only has 2.9 hrs on the meter and 1 of those hrs was showing when I bought it.

The dealer had his mechanics give it a quick look over, and advise him that the engine must have blown a head gasket, and blew the coolant out the exhaust.

I again said, I wan't this mower replaced, I don't want this mower with this engine, at the least, I deserve an new engine in this mower.

They should get you a new mower, repair your old mower and sell as used. That is absolutely ridiculous you had an engine failure that soon!! I would be furious.

/ Kubota ZD 1021
They should get you a new mower, repair your old mower and sell as used. That is absolutely ridiculous you had an engine failure that soon!! I would be furious.

well. This is what I have said. I either want a new mower ,or I would accept a new engine in this mower. I just don't want this engine repaired.

Now, I wish I had just gone to Lowes and bought a Hustler. If something like this had happened,I could have taken it back no questions asked !

/ Kubota ZD 1021 #4  
well. This is what I have said. I either want a new mower ,or I would accept a new engine in this mower. I just don't want this engine repaired.

Now, I wish I had just gone to Lowes and bought a Hustler. If something like this had happened,I could have taken it back no questions asked !

I think you should get a refund or a new mower. What they do with old mower should not be your concern. It's their screw up. Will be interesting to see what happens with this.

/ Kubota ZD 1021 #5  

I was wondering what happened. That is terrible. I'm hoping they will make it right. Might be the chance to get a RD if they order you another one. I would be very disappointed as well. With my first 5055 Deere, it was delivered with a blown oil cooler and radiator full or oil. I know the pain and frustration well

Brett

/ Kubota ZD 1021
I was wondering what happened. That is terrible. I'm hoping they will make it right. Might be the chance to get a RD if they order you another one. I would be very disappointed as well. With my first 5055 Deere, it was delivered with a blown oil cooler and radiator full or oil. I know the pain and frustration well

Brett

talked with them yesterday. The owner wasn't there, but another guy said he doesn't think Kubota is going to re build the engine. I told him I didn't want that engine rebuilt.

He said that they have another Kubota in the shop (a 50hp tractor) with a bad engine seal. That tractor only has 5 hrs on the clock. He said it doesn't look good with 2 low HR Kubota machines in the shop

/ Kubota ZD 1021 #7  
Kubota's replacement engines are very reasonable. Most often this kinda stuff results in a drop in replacement.

/ Kubota ZD 1021
Kubota's replacement engines are very reasonable. Most often this kinda stuff results in a drop in replacement.

I would accept a replacement engine. I won't accept this engine to be rebuilt.

/ Kubota ZD 1021 #9  

Knowing you as well as I do Ken ;) I'm sure you missed out some info in your post:

... "Next day (Sat) I had some things to do in the barn, so I didn't get to cut grass until about 2pm.

As I always do before operating my machinery, (Although it was new, you can't be too careful) I checked the engine oil, coolant and hydraulic fluid levels, radiator screen and fuel tank was full. All points were freshly greased and tyre pressures checked. Battery was clean and secure. Everything seemed OK. I was very pleased with the new mower, so I

Started cutting grass. All was going well/ Then, all of a sudden I hear a noise ,and the engine begins to bog. I stop and disengage the blades. The continues continues to bog. I look at the temp gauge it is at normal. "...

There. I fixed it for you. :)
That paragraph must have fallen off your keyboard at some stage.

/ Kubota ZD 1021
they filled with fluids , and fuel , greased,before I brought it home. It had coolant until it blew the head gasket, and all coolant was blown out the exhaust.
Heck, I made them fill the overflow tank with coolant B-4 I left their place with it