Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    New Holland Workmaster 50, Ford 4610 SU

Default Re: John Deere or Massey Ferguson

Allis Chalmers for years had the "snap coupler" attachment system. It worked great. You could only use Allis Chalmers proprietary implements with it. The John Deere proprietary attachment system is the same. You can only use John Deere attachments with it. Anyone who deems SSQA not industry standard is blinded by the color green.

Tractor
    Husqvarna YTH24V48 riding mower, Branson 3725CH

Even my new Branson came with SSQA as STANDARD. And I think 2100 lb capacity to full height is just fine for a smallish 37hp CUT.

Perhaps some of you guys just aren't keeping up with the new models/brands/features?

OP,

Is your main goal to get a smaller unit with a FEL, or to replace a tractor that's no longer reliable? I too am surprised you're having reliability issues with 1300 hrs.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK40

Quote Originally Posted by Wagtail View Post
    G'day Paul and thanks for the laugh. I suppose that simply pointing out to the OP (and others) that there are alternatives to the SSQA system is somehow wrong, in your opinion of course.

You are indeed entitled to your opinions... just not to your own facts.

I hope that you continue to enjoy your reduced FEL lifting capacity due to your choice of heavier quick attach system.
    Ok lets talk then!

For a 100 pound extra lift to cover the weight, I simply purchased a tractor other than JD because every single tractor I looked at when I last purchased had a better lift capacity than the JD they showed me when I told the dealership my needs.

Only one friend cant ask me to bring over an attachment they don't have to help out and guess what brand tractor he has?

The rest of us seem to have no problems with that little bit of loss in lift ability and enjoy helping each other out simply by showing up with a tractor that can use any attachment they have

Every place I ever dealt with wanted more money to build the attachment with the JD system than the SSQA

Every time I wanted to buy an attachment with the JD system the wait time was increased or I had to go to a place that charged more and focused primarily on JD owners needs

When its time to sell you will be better off selling those attachments at discount because they aren't worth as much My friend has been waiting for a buyer for over 2 years now but most people around us are buying SSQA and since the cost difference between NEW and slightly used is negligible even the buyer with a welder like me wont waste the time to convert them to SSQA unless someone is willing to give them away.

So for my 100 LBS loss with an already higher lift ability per dollar I see nothing but good things.

So for the record I never said anything was wrong with pointing out that other systems are available, but trying to say that the SSQA isn't the industry standard in this particular market is ludicrous at best. Trying to state that the slight loss in lift ability will hurt the average tractor owner when most new loaders are built specifically with the SSQA in mind is also laughable!

Tractor
    JD 4105 / JD D110

Quote Originally Posted by paulfun9 View Post
    Ok lets talk then!

For a 100 pound extra lift to cover the weight, I simply purchased a tractor other than JD because every single tractor I looked at when I last purchased had a better lift capacity than the JD they showed me when I told the dealership my needs.

Only one friend cant ask me to bring over an attachment they don't have to help out and guess what brand tractor he has?

The rest of us seem to have no problems with that little bit of loss in lift ability and enjoy helping each other out simply by showing up with a tractor that can use any attachment they have

Every place I ever dealt with wanted more money to build the attachment with the JD system than the SSQA

Every time I wanted to buy an attachment with the JD system the wait time was increased or I had to go to a place that charged more and focused primarily on JD owners needs

When its time to sell you will be better off selling those attachments at discount because they aren't worth as much My friend has been waiting for a buyer for over 2 years now but most people around us are buying SSQA and since the cost difference between NEW and slightly used is negligible even the buyer with a welder like me wont waste the time to convert them to SSQA unless someone is willing to give them away.

So for my 100 LBS loss with an already higher lift ability per dollar I see nothing but good things.

So for the record I never said anything was wrong with pointing out that other systems are available, but trying to say that the SSQA isn't the industry standard in this particular market is ludicrous at best. Trying to state that the slight loss in lift ability will hurt the average tractor owner when most new loaders are built specifically with the SSQA in mind is also laughable!
    All good points, Mate. And in your particular market it may be true due to volume of sales (sorta like the old VHS vs. Beta 'war'... Beta was much better but VHS was less expensive and did a 'good enough for me' job. VHS won! )

As to your "record" (other than calling anyone else who would dare to point out that there were alternate FEL QA systems available as "Koolade drinkers")... in a round about way you, indeed, didn't say that there was anything wrong with pointing out the availability of other systems. Because you didn't say that at all, did you?

Tractor
    New Holland T2310, New Holland TC21DA, Farmall H *** Previously - 1941 John Deere B, Shibaura 1500, John Deere 850, Bobcat 642, New Holland 1925

We're kind of getting off topic with the SSQA discussion, but to join in the fray, It would be nice if the SCUT manufacturers would settle on a mini SSQA standard for SCUTs - maybe something like the mini skid steer or Dingo?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123