Comparison X370 vs X540

/ X370 vs X540 #1  

c5er

Hello, I am looking for a tractor for a new house; About a half acre of lawn (one hill 30degree slope) and 75 foot driveway (about 15 degree pitch to road). The goal is for a tractor that can mow and blow snow and is wife friendly. I have been spoiled so long with a BX2660 on an older property that i have forgotten what its like to use 2 wheel drive.

I was looking at the x370/42" with 44" snowblower, i believe the 18HP engine will be enough power but concern about no diff lock. there is a used x540 that is 4 years old with about 250hrs available with a 10 year old 44" blower for about the same money as a new x370.

While i like the Idea of the x540 and the hours seem allright, it looks to be in good shape, i am concern about a 10 year old blower.

I tend to overbuy as its typically better to have more than you need then less, but cant justify buying a new 500 series. Frankly the x500 is way overkill except for potential need of diff lock and the x370 is overkill for the lawn but believe would be good for the snow removal.

What is a better buy: new x370 or 4 year old x540 with 10 year old blower?
What are the things to look for on buying a used 540 and blower?

Thanks for your help.

/ X370 vs X540 #2  
I have the 44" plow on my X540 and the diff lock has helped me get out of the ditch a few times when you try and push the snow back that extra couple of inches...

Not sure but doesn't the X370 have the sealed transaxle where the X540 has the serviceable transaxle. I.e. a filter that you can access.

/ X370 vs X540 #3  
Look for Service History and belts/blades/spindle bearing wear/idlers noisy?

I think the snowblower has only few wearing parts. Bearings?

The rear axle serviceability and diff-lock swing it for me. - (If those are your only choices...)

/ X370 vs X540 #4  
If you were just mowing I’d say go with new X370 ( it does have serviceable k57 tranny) But fact you are snow blowing changes the equation – the X540 is a garden tractor- world's stronger tranny ( with Diff lock) and 250 hours is nothing for the 26HP liquid cooled Kawi engine. X540 is also wife friendly with power steering. So as long as 540 is in good shape- I’d go that way in heart beat