Comparison All Tractors

/ All Tractors #1  

freetrapper

Tractor
None
A long time ago I was told that a boat was a hole in the water surrounded by wood into which one poors money! I have come to the conclusion that the same goes for tractors only make it a hole in the ground surrounded by scrap metal!! I have owned four differnt makes and believe me they are all the same period. You are better off if you want it done hire someone to do it, it will be cheaper in the long run.

/ All Tractors #2  
I have found that "Good" used machinery (tractors included) cost nothing. They cost to run and maintain but if well cared for, you sell them for as much or more then you paid. Of course, it's a difficult thing to nail down exactly with currency devaluation.

I don't buy recreational stuff or go on holidays. Or much consumer junk for that matter. THAT, is just throwing money away in my opinion. So many people complain that they never have money, when they piss it away on so much worthless stuff. That's just how I see it.

/ All Tractors #3  
I have and plan on always owning tractor w/fel... saves waiting time on others and puts money in my pocket. :thumbsup:

/ All Tractors #4  
Yeah, . . . . NO!
I do my own as I am usually disappointed when I hire out and renting equipment at $275 a day (not counting implement rental) comes to $35 an hour. At 750 hours my Jinma saved me $16,000 so far. Not to mention how much I have earned with it.
And I do it when I want to, not when someone can get to it

/ All Tractors #5  
INDUSTRIAL TOYS is right on! Perhaps this is about what one likes to do with their time, especially if never being a city boy. Can't imagine NOT having tractors and being retired now, I find them more enjoyable than ever! My only regret was not buying out the family farm and for no other reason than having such a nice field to use one, plant a crop maybe. Now, we have a much smaller place with enough trees, brush, gardens and grading needs I can play around and not worry about being board as the work is on-going. Hiring someone to clear and grade ones property results in everything being finished so then you lay back and look at it with nothing to do but mow the lawn and spray for weeds as it's all finished. For years we had cows and a few horses but not wanting either any longer, playing with tractors is a good way to stay home nd not buy things that just sit most all the time or eat everything. My new Kubota L is a cheap investment IMO and one day my Sons will have both it and my other ones as well. BTW - I have two buddies who spend way more on fishing stuff but reel in very little! Maybe those fish cost $500. per pound? Their motorhomes would buy several tractors twice over...

Ricn

/ All Tractors #6  
I use mine to make money so I can not commiserate with you. Everything requires maintenance and everything has a cost of doing business.

/ All Tractors #7  
M5FARMS -Totally agree. I owned an electrical construction business for many years doing engineering and work both, we had thousands in tools, trucks, inventory and a couple small cranes, not to mention manpower costs so I know about overhead. The OP did not mention if he was making a living or not. Perhaps large scale farming can be done in some cases by hiring others, I see combines being owned and operated by others so maybe tractors are not far behind...May I ask, if you feel hiring out in your particular case is more economical?

Ricn

/ All Tractors #8  
I parttime farm, So we are not talking large scale. But I could not hire out the hay making or feeding and expect to get reasonable service. Therefore it cost you more money than owning a piece of equipment. Its all relative to what your doing. a guy that only has to mow a little and maybe some light dirt work can get by with a 5k 30horse tractor. maintenance on them is cheap and no depreciation on a 30yr old tractor , Heck they are worth more now than they were new. Now if you gotta have a 30k tractor for 2 acres then you already know your never going to get on the top side until you sell it.

/ All Tractors #9  
Unfortunately it's a needed expense for me no different than a tool in my shop. But I can enjoy it being out working & have it done my way wether it's right or wrong.

/ All Tractors #10  
A long time ago I was told that a boat was a hole in the water surrounded by wood into which one poors money! I have come to the conclusion that the same goes for tractors only make it a hole in the ground surrounded by scrap metal!! I have owned four differnt makes and believe me they are all the same period. You are better off if you want it done hire someone to do it, it will be cheaper in the long run.

Did you buy any of the four new, or were they "bargains"?