Tractor Sizing Large Tractors without Cab

/ Large Tractors without Cab #1  

crazydrum95

Tractor
Bobcat S175 Skid Steer
Hi All,

I'm not sure if what I'm looking for even exists! Especially not in my part of the world. I am looking for a medium size tractor, something in the 75-100HP range. I would need a FEL and 4WD however I would like to try and find one without a cab! A used tractor would be even better but anything would be good. I was considering the Kubota MK5000however it is a little small.

I'm in the UK and really struggling to find a decent mid sized tractor.

Thanks

/ Large Tractors without Cab #2  
They do make them, they just aren't common...

I've seen over hundred horse CIH platform tractors...

I've seen pictures of the big articulated platform tractors they send to SA too...

You may have to order one?

SR

/ Large Tractors without Cab #3  
Kubota Mxx40 and Mxx60 are available without a cab. The newer M5 series also. I have a M9540 ROPS but they are hard to find.

/ Large Tractors without Cab #4  
First of all, you must be a tough old chap to want an open station tractor in the U.K.! I lived there for a few years and I can't imagine dealing with the cold, wind and rain without protection. Maybe I've gone soft, I don't know, haha.

What kind of work do you need to do with the tractor? What's your budget?

If you're willing to consider old, simple, tough tractors I recall that Ford had a factory in the U.K. where they built a lot of tractors. Maybe something like a Ford 7610 might work? 97hp, 4wd, loader.

New Holland has a factory in Italy. Perhaps they're more common in the U.K.?

/ Large Tractors without Cab #5  
TractorHouse.com allows you to search it's listings by many specifics including country and hp. I don't know whether cab is one of the specifics but the listings usually include a picture.

/ Large Tractors without Cab #6  
Deere certainly makes open station tractors in that HP range. Some built at Manheim, just across the channel.

Sure, in a snowstorm, nothing beats a cab. But doing various work in pleasant weather, it's nice to feel nature. Plus, no annoying glare.

/ Large Tractors without Cab #7  
Deere certainly makes open station tractors in that HP range. Some built at Manheim, just across the channel.

Sure, in a snowstorm, nothing beats a cab. But doing various work in pleasant weather, it's nice to feel nature. Plus, no annoying glare.

DSC00314.JPG

/ Large Tractors without Cab #8  
I have a John Deere 6415, 85PTO HP. MFWD and open station. I was able to buy it for less than the 5XXX series John Deere tractors I was looking at because it lacked a cab. The dealer said everyone wants a cab when you get to that size and above. I have also seen a few 7XXX series John Deere in open station

Attachments

• hooksStandJD6415 007.JPG
    hooksStandJD6415 007.JPG
    786.9 KB · Views: 116
  • hooksStandJD6415 009.JPG
    hooksStandJD6415 009.JPG
    800.1 KB · Views: 99
  • hooksStandJD6415 006.JPG
    hooksStandJD6415 006.JPG
    825.1 KB · Views: 103
  • hooksStandJD6415 005.JPG
    hooksStandJD6415 005.JPG
    801.1 KB · Views: 114
   / Large Tractors without Cab #9  
Same here. Back then (late 90s) we were going to buy a 5000 series. Saw a 6000 series at the dealer and was hooked. Plus no HST tax at the time (for higher hp) and some other incentive.

There are many Menonites around here that aren't even allowed to have cabs. Others, can have skid steers but not tractors. I have even heard stories where they torched the cab off!

/ Large Tractors without Cab #10  
UK is your problem, seems to me there was "safety cab" legislation in place resulting in pretty well every new tractor since the 70s requiring a safety cab by law.

There are plenty of "ROPS" or open station tractors in North America. Got two UK built tractors here, weren't available with a factory cab in North America, but had factory cab variant in UK...

The UK built the best utility tractors in the world for years at Doncaster.