Buying Advice Mahindra 2538

/ Mahindra 2538 #1  

Texomahog

Tractor
Mahindra 2538
I am wanting to upgrade from a New Holland Boomer 20 24hp. I want to pull a 6 ft. brush hog. What say you about the Mahindra 2538?

/ Mahindra 2538 #3  
I do not have any first hand experiences with the 2538, but it is probably the most popular Mahindra sold. Mahindra sales have to be higher in the Texas area than anywhere else in the US!
Travis

PS: We help smart guys transform Mahindra tractors into even more useful beasts with our Wicked Grapple! :thumbsup:

60singlemahindra25383ee.jpg

/ Mahindra 2538
I do not have any first hand experiences with the 2538, but it is probably the most popular Mahindra sold. Mahindra sales have to be higher in the Texas area than anywhere else in the US!
Travis

PS: We help smart guys transform Mahindra tractors into even more useful beasts with our Wicked Grapple! :thumbsup:

View attachment 524915

Thank you!

/ Mahindra 2538 #5  
Thank you!

I have a 2538 HST and have put about 55 hrs on it so far. I upgraded from a Mahindra Max 28xl. This is twice the tractor. I definitely don't baby it. I have dug some pretty big stumps out. So far I am impressed with the amount of weight it will lift and push. A number of the stumps i dug up and pushed/pulled out my smaller tractor wouldn't handle. IMO very good value for the money.

/ Mahindra 2538 #7  
I have the 1538 which is very similar in terms of weight and HP. Very strong tractor - so much so that I busted the welds on my subsoiler the first time I hit a stump with it.

/ Mahindra 2538 #8  
I am zeroing in on the 300 hour mark on my 2538. Great tractor. Some things are a tad crude but overall a beast of a little tractor. My next move is to a 2555. Be sure to fill the tires.

/ Mahindra 2538
Thanks for all the positive info. I am sold to make the trade when I can get my cookie jar full.

/ Mahindra 2538 #10  
Hi,

Just spent a couple days in the "penalty box" which is a Mahindra 85P. We have several of these for roadside mowing that have been troublesome to say the least. Not major mechanical stuff but air conditioning, throttle cables, clutch cables etc. Two have been replaced by Deere's at about a thousand hours and the rest a going to auction in the spring. The 2538 is a decent looking machine but our experience with the brand is poor at best. I have two New Holland Boomers a TC24DA and a TC29DA and the service, parts and user experience is worlds ahead. Case-IH, Deere, NH, Kioti and Kubota a very solid options. Massey Ferguson is also a good choice. I will say the Mitsubishi and TYM manufactured Mahindra's seem to be better than the in-house manufactured units we have. Just something to think about.

Brian