Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    1976 265 MF / 1983 JD 310B Backhoe / 1966 Ford 3000 Diesel

Default Re: Bought a Ford 3000 Diesel Today off Craigslist

Soundguy it is good to see you. I was talking to a guy with the 711 model (19-385??) with a hydraulic curling bucket. It came off of a 3 cylinder 3000 diesel and he put it on gas 3 cylinder 3000. He said the hip bracket worked fine but he had to change the angle on the front bracket for the gas version. I read somewhere the 19-385 is 1965 or newer. I have order a factory manual but saw online it is rated to lift 1200 pounds with the tractor hydraulics vs 1000 pounds from the earlier versions since that is the one I want to find for our "new" 1966 3000 diesel. The web 'facts' vary too much for my taste.

He is going to get me a photo of how he powers both the double acting and single action rams with the two factory quick connects. I am sure that will be covered in the factory manual. I do not have access to the tractor (it is still at the shop in another town) but I think I will be good to go with the rear Ford factory remotes with a control under the seat. For our AC 72 combine pulled with our 801 Fords we tapped the plug under the tractor seat and strapped down the lift arms during combining seasons and that worked great for years.

From what I can gather the 722 model are basically the same as the 711 but the 722 has a hydraulic reservoir in the base for the use of a front mounted hydraulic pump. Is that the main difference between the 711 and 722?

Elite Member
    Tractor

Soundguy I have determined my 3000 has a single spool controller so I will require an arm hold down kit so the single action lift cylinder can be controlled by the regular lift control arm it seems.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

The difference in the 711 and 722 is the sump and attached spool that they came with. the models for 3 cyl and 4 cyl had different length boxes about 5" vs 3.5" . The later units were rated for the higher weight, mostly due to mounting location/box length leverage, not due to significant difference in the loader frame itself.

If you have a 1 spool DA valve on your tractor, the easiest thing to do is to plumb it to a cheap open center dual spool log splitter valve, and then just bunji your spool open to feed the log splitter valve.

In other words, pressure from your tractor da spool to input of cheap valve, output of cheap valve back to drop of your tractor single DA spool. for the work ports on the cheap valve, configure one as lift only/fast drop, use that for the lift cyl. the other side leave as DA and plumb to the curl cyl. probably less than 100$ for that cheap dual da valve.... most dual da valves have at least one of their ports that can be configured as lift only.

The cheap valve must be setup as open center.. many are configurable as OC or CC with a sleeve.
    souNdguy

sent from my NOKIA LUMIA

Elite Member
    Tractor

Thanks Soundguy. I have been reading about the cheap open center dual log splitter valve options tonight but have not found pictures of a set up like that. We were outside getting the oil changed in the truck, tie down straps, chains, the right size ball mounted before the rain moves in so we are ready to leave out to pick up a 711 with the hydraulic dump perhaps this weekend if things work out.

I am going to run by the shop where my 3000 is at and get some photos of my factory looking two rear remotes and the one lever control under the seat. I think I am starting to follow your option above. Having the use of the 3PH as well as the loader would be a plus over having the arms tied down to use the bypass to lift the loader arm. The shop owner has a strong background in hydraulics and might know what is local at TSC and other farm stores.

By mounting it on the left side under the seat would make it easy to remove and still have the OEM set up in place plus I have more use of my left shoulder and arm than the right side due to the arthritis.

After a good nights sleep maybe my brain will spit out a clear picture of a good solution.

Elite Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy View Post
    The difference in the 711 and 722 is the sump and attached spool that they came with. the models for 3 cyl and 4 cyl had different length boxes about 5" vs 3.5" . The later units were rated for the higher weight, mostly due to mounting location/box length leverage, not due to significant difference in the loader frame itself.

If you have a 1 spool DA valve on your tractor, the easiest thing to do is to plumb it to a cheap open center dual spool log splitter valve, and then just bunji your spool open to feed the log splitter valve.

In other words, pressure from your tractor da spool to input of cheap valve, output of cheap valve back to drop of your tractor single DA spool. for the work ports on the cheap valve, configure one as lift only/fast drop, use that for the lift cyl. the other side leave as DA and plumb to the curl cyl. probably less than 100$ for that cheap dual da valve.... most dual da valves have at least one of their ports that can be configured as lift only.

The cheap valve must be setup as open center.. many are configurable as OC or CC with a sleeve.
    Since I am fixing this for my daughter to use in caring for the mini horses and hope she is still using it 50 years from now I just went with a pulled OEM 2 spool unit with aftermarket hoses and rear remotes so when I am dead and gone she is not cursing my hack job. Quality only costs once but it happens to be upfront.

The hoses from the 711 loader we are leaving in the morning to pick up are set up to reach the rear remotes currently so hopefully the loader hoses will be solid enough to last for a while and look much neater at future tractor events when we get a trailer that will haul it. The correct Series 711 Operator's Manual came yesterday and that is helpful as to the mounting/usage.

Elite Member
    Tractor

Bought a Ford 3000 Diesel Today off Craigslist-711-model-ford-fel-jpg

We got the craigslist FEL home to restore for the craigslist 3000 diesel we bought last year. As you can see it needs some restoring but it is now home and setting out of the way on pallets waiting for better weather. It is the 711 19-385 model that came out starting in 1965. The first step is to change front mounting bracket back to the 3000 diesel design because this seller that modified it to work on his 3000 gas burner. I noticed the current owner had the left headlight removed from his 3000 so I am not excited about that requirement and is the reason I will look at finding an older version with the 5" connection box.

I would like to find on in mint condition but this will make a nice project job for the daughter and I this summer perhaps. It has been abused a bit but it is not trashed by any means. I am replacing the OEM single spool hydraulic control to a double spool OEM unit so we have a simple hook up for both lift and bucket curl features.

Soundguy I was not happy about losing the left headlight when the loader is installed but liked the idea you posted on the web years ago.

Bought a Ford 3000 Diesel Today off Craigslist-711-loader-headlight-mounting-opt
    Last edited by Gale Hawkins; 02-18-2018 at 02:55 AM.

Elite Member
    Tractor

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/f...000-860-a.html

Finally hit TBN paid dirt.

Now I know how the front Ford 711 loader bracket goes on our 3000 1966 diesel tractor. It had been cut and modified to fix a 3000 gas burner.

Elite Member
    Tractor

I ran by the shop yesterday with an OEM double spool control so we can fully and simply control the 711 lift and curl features.

Today I ran by with the front mount bracket that needs to be welded back to the 3000 diesel format and showed him the pictures of how it mounts. When he looked at how the top two holes in the rear hip bracket had been tapped for some reason and wallowed out he said the will drill them out and put in bushings to get it back to OEM specs and use bolts that do not have threads all the way to the bolt heads.

He said he will get the bent bucket reformed if I would like so I am going to take that to him soon before farmers get started in the fields and calling him out for service.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567