Buying Advice Kioti CK3510 is so loud that it's making me reconsider

/ Kioti CK3510 is so loud that it's making me reconsider #1  

dbolong

Tractor
John Deere 4410
My decision has come down to a Kioti CK3510hst and an NX4510hst. The CK with loader is 18,300 and the NX is 25,600 with loader if anyone wants to price check while I am at it?!?!?!

I have driven a Mahindra 2538 and a Kubota 3301 and 3901.

My decision would be easy other than the fact that the CK3510 that I drove seems extremely loud when throttled up to half or above. Definitely noticeable compared to all the other tractors I drove. The NX and Kubotas were much quieter and it's not close. The Mahindra was quieter but seemed to run a bit rougher.

Long story short- Did I get a CK that perhaps had something going on? The dealer is an hour away so hoping for some info here before a return test drive. Is the Kioti CK series known for being extremely loud vs their counterparts? I am in love with the NX for the price but frankly it's more than I really need.

Thanks in advance!

D

/ Kioti CK3510 is so loud that it's making me reconsider #2  
I cant speak for the Ck but when I compared there was no noticeable difference between the other brands I looked at. Some did seem a little noisy at start up but once warm they were all on = terms with each other. Surely if you had a meter one would be louder than the other but again with just my ear I couldn't tell the difference between the Kubota or the Kioti if I was standing with my back turned to them.

/ Kioti CK3510 is so loud that it's making me reconsider #3  
The NX is turbocharged, while the CK is naturally aspirated. If the issue is exhaust noise, the turbo will be quieter.

/ Kioti CK3510 is so loud that it's making me reconsider #4  
Yup, turbo makes an engine quieter. Not sure how much on these tractors (but larger engines for sure). I know that CR (Common Rail) is a heck of a lot quieter than other injection systems (might also have to do with the fact that compression ratios are lower in CR engines, or tend to be, from what I know [if you want to hear something really noisy check out an old 7.3L IDI!]).

My NX5510 is very quiet. I was a bit apprehensive about getting a 3cyl engine after having a very smooth-running 4cyl in my B7800. While that B7800's engine is very smooth it's also fairly noisy: the NX's 55hp engine is a lot quieter than that Kubota 30hp engine).

You could check with a decibel meter to make sure your ears aren't playing tricks on you. Sometimes it's a tone and not the actual sound levels that might be attracting more of your attention.

/ Kioti CK3510 is so loud that it's making me reconsider #5  
Pick up a decibel meter for $20 and compare the different models. Like DieselBound said sometimes the sound of a machine can be very subjective and can also depend on the environment around you.

/ Kioti CK3510 is so loud that it's making me reconsider #6  
If you have a smart phone, just download a free sound-meter app. Several out there, and they would work fine for comparing tractor noise among models. You're not looking for accuracy in absolute terms.

/ Kioti CK3510 is so loud that it's making me reconsider #7  
That's cool! (I do, however, have a decibel meter that I've had for well over 20 years.) Great suggestion. (and, yes, what the numbers are isn't what matters so much as the relative numbers between the machines)

Smart phones are are lot more handy than I'd figured. I got a usb scope for mine but have yet to use it: I think that I've finally come up with a need (not happy about the subject, but having this tool might prove very helpful in diagnosis- car issue).

Last edited:
   / Kioti CK3510 is so loud that it's making me reconsider #8  
My CK35 HST is pretty quiet and real quiet inside the cab. I'ts a lot quieter than my old Ford 2120. Only complaint I have so far is it doesn't SMELL like a diesel...kinda a sissy smell I think.

/ Kioti CK3510 is so loud that it's making me reconsider #9  
My CK35 HST is pretty quiet and real quiet inside the cab. I'ts a lot quieter than my old Ford 2120. Only complaint I have so far is it doesn't SMELL like a diesel...kinda a sissy smell I think.

Loved it!

Yeah, with a cab life is great! While running my 6' bush hog and chewing up some really nasty stuff I can only imagine what I'd be hearing if I didn't have a cab. I prefer the smell of my Tier IV engine over all my other diesels, except when it regens! I'm OK with the "real" diesel smell, but sometimes it can get a bit overwhelming.