Price Check 3032e price check

/ 3032e price check #1  

gersus

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS XG3025
My first post!

First off, I appreciate all the helpful info on here. I've been reading and doing my homework.

We have 17 acres riverfront wooded acres that we want to build a cabin on. We had a dozer come in last winter and clear a road. Probably have him come back down this winter and build a road down to the river. (Most of the property is about 80' above the river)

Wanting a tractor to clean the place up, brush, dead logs etc and maintain the road.

From what I've read a 3032e would be a good fit. I just went up to the local JD dealership and priced a 3032, FEL, 5' John Deere MX5 rotary cutter (because I wanted one heavier duty than the Frontier), Frontier 5' box blade. Also includes imatch at no additional cost.

He says the sale ends tomorrow... @2k off the tractor and a $500 implement discount.

He took those discounts off the price of the tractor getting it to $15k.
FEL $3,660
Rotary Cutter $2,700
Box blade $750
2 year service plan $375
For a total of $22,488.

Sounds pretty decent to me but I definitely want yalls opinion. Thanks!!

/ 3032e price check #2  
27 Hundo for a rotary cutter is holy crap alot. I get it's an MX but you can buy a Howse for a grand. I'd be in on the tractor for that price any time. Get ballast in the tires. My 3032E is a handful at times without ballast. It's going in soon. It will do serious work for you but the JD is super light in the arse end. I bought the Frontier rotary cutter and even with that it's still needs ballast.

buy the titan pallet forks. You'll find them super useful and much cheaper than the JD forks. I have hauled alot of brush with the pallet forks and even huge tree trunks. Even with the RC2060 on the *** it gets light when hauling heavy stuff up front.

I'm also a strong advocate for the R1 tires. I had to wait for them for my tractor but I'm glad I did. I'm in sloped rainy forest land and Industrial tires would not cut it for me. I have a neighbor who regrets getting industrial tires.

/ 3032e price check #3  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Agree on the loaded R1 tyres if your 17 acres are virgin forest, otherwise, R4. I'd also invest in a set of dealership installed FEL remotes for a possible grapple or 4in1 bucket. They're handy 'cause, in a pinch, you can remove them and snake them back to the rear if required (temporarily, of course).

My dealership gave me a complimentary ballast-box with my i-Match. A ballast box is a great thing to have when you're in tight spaces... like the woods. :)