Buying Advice Kubota BX23S third function valve

/ Kubota BX23S third function valve #1  

Jamie327

Tractor
Deere 445
Hi all.

I dropped by my dealer to sign the final paperwork and inspect my new BX23S that's being delivered on Tuesday, and something about the third function valve they installed doesn't look right. It doesn't match the pictures in the brochure, nor does it look like what others have posted on this forum. It also looks kinda cheap the way it's installed with wires exposed above and below the loom on the control as well as the very exposed valve and zip-tied hydraulic lines. I'm guessing they're trying to pull one over on me but I want to make sure before I go accusing anyone of anything. Any help is appreciated!

IMG_4199.JPGIMG_4201.JPGIMG_4202.JPGIMG_4203.JPG

/ Kubota BX23S third function valve #2  
To start with, it is a WR Long kit, nothing wrong with that, but is that what you were expecting? As far as the exposed wires, the installer just got careless, have them get the wires covered with the loom. Is the control grip shown in the brochure, how about the valve? Is that what's on the tractor?

Go from there. Good luck.

/ Kubota BX23S third function valve
To start with, it is a WR Long kit, nothing wrong with that, but is that what you were expecting? As far as the exposed wires, the installer just got careless, have them get the wires covered with the loom. Is the control grip shown in the brochure, how about the valve? Is that what's on the tractor?

Go from there. Good luck.

Well, good question. It's not what I was expecting, for sure; I was expecting an OEM Kubota option.

Pics of from the brochure for reference:
Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 6.52.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-27 at 6.52.33 PM.png

The question I have is whether the one I ended up with has any advantages vs. OEM or not. I mean, the OEM "diverter" version definitely seems to be better thought out as it integrates into the loader and its hydraulics vs. a separate set of hoses to have to connect and disconnect with the loader, however I don't know if functionally the WR kit is better.

/ Kubota BX23S third function valve #4  
From what I'm reading "buttons" the Kubota 3rd function is not a diverter, but a true 3rd function. I know that's what is on the L models and larger. I don't think that Kubota uses a diverter system on any of the tractors, but I don't know that for a fact.

If indeed it is a true 3rd function, then it operates the same as the WR Long system. So then you need to decide if the OEM system's fit and finish is what you would prefer or just stay with the WR Long system.

Good luck.

/ Kubota BX23S third function valve
From what I'm reading "buttons" the Kubota 3rd function is not a diverter, but a true 3rd function. I know that's what is on the L models and larger. I don't think that Kubota uses a diverter system on any of the tractors, but I don't know that for a fact.

If indeed it is a true 3rd function, then it operates the same as the WR Long system. So then you need to decide if the OEM system's fit and finish is what you would prefer or just stay with the WR Long system.

Good luck.

Thanks, Brian. What got me thinking it was a diverter type were the below photos in another thread. It looks like the valve taps into hydraulics on the loader, which leads me to believe only one of the functions can operate at the same time:
520679d1504467119-anyone-install-3rd-function-valve-img_6652-jpg

As well as the button looks like it may only be a push button rather than a rocker switch:
520680d1504467150-anyone-install-3rd-function-valve-img_6653-jpg

Not really decided on what I'm doing yet. Tractor is getting delivered tomorrow so we'll see how I feel about it after another look.

/ Kubota BX23S third function valve #6  
I believe that you are correct, it is a diverter valve. Sort of surprised about that with all their other tractors using a true 3rd function. :confused: I personally prefer the diverters for various reasons and is what I have on both of my utility tractors.

/ Kubota BX23S third function valve #7  
Yes, it's the WR Long. My dealer did the same thing with mine. I wanted the Kubota 3rd function option, but he told me the back-order time was ridiculous when I bought the tractor.

It works fine, but I can't do all 3 operations at the same time. One gives. My old grapple had the same set-up so I'm pretty much used to it anyway. I do like the thumb button on this vs the finger buttons on the old joystick with the 2370. Took a little to get used to, but it now seems more intuitive.

/ Kubota BX23S third function valve #10  
I would take the 3rd function over diverter any day.

Have had the WR Long 3rd function on the L3130 for close to 10 years now and the only bad thing is I am on toggle switch number 3. The OTTO KICBEAAAAA switch looks pretty good but at $69.00 it is not cheap to replace, the RED version on Ebay is $20 plus shipping, otherwise the 3rd function on the grapple does wonders for brush work.

David