Buying Advice Pulled the trigger! Tractor ordered !!!

/ Pulled the trigger! Tractor ordered !!! #11  
Must be a regional thing. I had difficulty getting Kubota dealers to respond in my area. Probably more demand than supply I guess.

Seems the 4 in 1 bucket is a good combination in a single tool. I bought a grapple so I need to switch back/forth between grapple and bucket.

/ Pulled the trigger! Tractor ordered !!! #12  
Scott, I read your original post. What were your main factors for going with the extra HP of the L6060? Was it primarily price based? I am also trying to make the same decisions... Thanks for starting the conversations :)

Matt

/ Pulled the trigger! Tractor ordered !!!
Scott, I read your original post. What were your main factors for going with the extra HP of the L6060? Was it primarily price based? I am also trying to make the same decisions... Thanks for starting the conversations :)

Matt

Matt,
It ended up being a few considerations, and down to the 4760, 5460 and 6060 (HST was a requirement)
1. HP
2. The jump in model to get the class 1-2 hitch
3. Weight
4. Resale market larger around here with the higher PTO and tractor HP (if that ever has to happen) larger addressable market
5. FEL and 3 pt lift capability

So given we were going to the Grand L series and started leaning on the above, the jump gave us #2, 3 and 5 for about a $2400 bump and into the 5460.
# 1 and 4 were hit buy about $700 more and into the 6060 - so for us, at this price point the extra $700 was doable and based on our requirements and ‘wants’ the 6060 won.
The price difference for us given what was gained long term (value wise) was a very small % of the total and for us more than worth the extra $

Scott

/ Pulled the trigger! Tractor ordered !!! #14  
Matt,
It ended up being a few considerations, and down to the 4760, 5460 and 6060 (HST was a requirement)
1. HP
2. The jump in model to get the class 1-2 hitch
3. Weight
4. Resale market larger around here with the higher PTO and tractor HP (if that ever has to happen) larger addressable market
5. FEL and 3 pt lift capability

So given we were going to the Grand L series and started leaning on the above, the jump gave us #2, 3 and 5 for about a $2400 bump and into the 5460.
# 1 and 4 were hit buy about $700 more and into the 6060 - so for us, at this price point the extra $700 was doable and based on our requirements and ‘wants’ the 6060 won.
The price difference for us given what was gained long term (value wise) was a very small % of the total and for us more than worth the extra $

Scott

I wondered about the resale value of a 4760 versus 6060. I was also tossing that around in my mind.

As far as the FEL, was there a difference in loader lift since the loader is the same between the two models? I saw where there was some extra lift on the 3-point but Kubota's site and brochures just indicate the FEL lift capacity on the loader itself.

Thanks,

Matt