I got $40,000 burning a hole in my pocket...

/ I got $40,000 burning a hole in my pocket...
Well after running the L4701 and the MX5200, I settled on the L4701 with the HST and all implements above for a tit-hair over $38k tax and all. It fit the budget, and I think we'll be real happy with it. (Or, hopefully I've settled- just gotta get the go-ahead from the check writer!:mad:)

Far as the hunting goes, THEY'RE MY BUCKS KEEP OUT!!;) For real though, we'll probably have it setup by next year to where we'll have visitors hunt it, but they'll be youth visitors and a mentor. Got some stand sites where the views are long and offer a great opportunity for the young'uns to not only take an animal, but watch them as well. There's nothing like watching a kid feel that untapped emotion for the 1st time, when it dawns on them that they're not only watching the wildlife but have actively become a part of it. It's one thing to enjoy, as an observer, wildlife and nature; however, when you take the next step as an active participant, well, we "adults" just as easily fall to pieces our first (and subsequent) times as well!

So maybe, hopefully, next year ya'll grab a "ute" and come on!

/ I got $40,000 burning a hole in my pocket... #12  
Sounds like you are getting a nice setup for a nice place and location. I used to live and breathe deer hunting and am now getting prepared to get back into it since I am raising a 4 yo grandson now and looking to get a place to take him that has serious amounts of deer so he does not get bored by sitting and watching nothing for days on end like happens in deep south MS near my home. When I was a big time hunter it was well worth the drive a few hours north to see deer on ever hunt. You are right there is nothing like getting kids into nature and hunting. They become hooked for life and will keep the traditions of stewardship alive.