Sell info

/ Sell info #1  

bguillory

Tractor
HinomotoC144 Kuboto L2800
Hey guys, just got a new to me Kubota L2800, so looking to sell my other tractor. It痴 a Hinimoto C144 4wd drive with FEL and will through in a 4ft brush cutter. Best I can tell it痴 from mid 80s, and around 16 to 18hp. Hard to find a lot of info on it. Hour meter and tach not working when I got it so not sure of hours, but runs well, really strong, and everything works as it should. Just a subcompact and too small a cockpit for my long legs and big feet! Looking for some help on pricing it. Sorry for the long post. Would post a pic but working off my phone and don稚 see how to, will try on computer when I get a chance

/ Sell info #2  
Welcome.
Also have L2800 been good all purpose helper for 8 years...enjoy your.

/ Sell info
OK here is a couple of pictures of the Hinomoto I want to sell, will let a 4 ft rotary cutter and 4 ft box blade go with it. I was thinking $4K would be a fair price, any suggestions? (probably should give it a bath) Hinomoto1.jpgHinomoto2.jpgHinomoto3.jpg

/ Sell info #4  
I had never heard of Hinomoto before so I did a little research.

Tractordata says "Hinomoto was the trade name for tractors produced by Toyosha, of Japan. Toyosha can trace its roots to plows built by Denzou Tanoue in 1863. Hinomoto compact tractors appeared in the late 1950s and have been exported worldwide. In 1990, Toyosha was purchased by Hitachi Construction Machinery. Hitachi changed the trade name to Tierra in 1997.

Also learned that the Hinomoto C144 is the same as a Massey Ferguson 1010 and NAPA filters are available for it.

Can't help you on price but the good is that it has a loader. The bad is that few have ever heard of this brand before and parts availability is questionable.

/ Sell info #5  
These are gray market tractors and come with rice patty tires,not much info available on them.Its next to impossible to find manuals in English. I'd say 4K is a fair price with the FEL and all the attachments.

/ Sell info
Yes it is a Gray market tractor, and it is the same as the Massey Ferguson 1010 except for some sheet metal changes. I found a shop manual for the MF on line, and have a digital copy of it. Only thing I ever had to do to it other than battery was replace the seal on the jack shaft for the brakes, and I just matched it up with a metric sized seal. It is a strong little tractor, and a real work horse in 4 wheel drive, just made for someone with shorter legs and feet than me! Will probably wait until spring to set it out front with the for sale sign, just looking for price suggestions. I actually have seen two Hinimotos for sale on side of the road in last couple of years, but neither were 4 wd or had a fel on them. I believe it to be a mid 80s model from research I have done.:D

/ Sell info #7  
Seems like you are headed in the right direction with your old tractor. Since parts would be available, with a bit of searching, your $4000 asking price sounds like a fair deal for both parties for a useful machine. I started tractoring with a gear drive mid 80's Kubota B8200, similar in many ways, and sold it with an aftermarket loader, a good rear blade, rear chains and in really good condition for $7500 about 5-6 years ago... but it was a Kubota, and only had 650 or so hours. (see photo)

Appearance (barn kept, nicely maintained, cared for) has a lot to do with value, in my experience buying and selling tractors over the past 17 years. Buyers recognize a good tractor, and want a "deal" for anything less than perfect (perfect relative to age and hours). You should get great service from your L2800.

P1010488.JPG

/ Sell info
Well ended up selling the Hinomoto to my boss(hope that don't become a mistake!) Got $3500 for it and swapped the 4 ft box for a 5 ft he had, which covers my L2800 width. Boss wanted it for his hunting lease, which its perfect for, so small it can use same trails as the ATVs.