Buying Advice Big Orange finally at the fort!

/ Big Orange finally at the fort! #1  

Sapper50

Tractor
Kubota L6060
Had to wait an extra 10 Days or so for the 4-1 bucket but my new rig is finally all here!

L6060 with HST
Quick attach 3 pt hitch
Single tooth ripper (mounted in the photo)
Box blade
Disc
Landscape rake with grader blade and wheel set

Wow what a rig and so glad I read all the posts here that said
“make sure you get enough HP”
already came in use with the ripper while subsoiling virgin and very rocky and tree stump laden soil
The 4-1 bucket- WOW love it!!!

Scott
IMG_3141.JPG

Last edited:
   / Big Orange finally at the fort! #2  
Scott - very nice unit. That single tooth ripper on your new tractor can totally "flip the world". Just be careful.

/ Big Orange finally at the fort!
Scott - very nice unit. That single tooth ripper on your new tractor can totally "flip the world". Just be careful.

I hear ya..... with the stuff under the surface I’m going slow and easy (<1 mph)
- what I’m doing is not a race (I do have 4 spare grade 5 shear bolts though ....)

/ Big Orange finally at the fort! #4  
:eek: Heck of nice setup...congrats. :thumbsup:

/ Big Orange finally at the fort! #5  
Great setup! Congratulations! The L6060 was my first choice, except for dealers in my area ....

What are you using the ripper for?

What are you using the ripper for?

First step in a LOT of dirt work here at the fort
Turning a good chunk of property to pasture (horse) and it’s all virgin dirt and doesn’t want to be worked —— was old growth forest, harvested, replanted, harvested and sold for lots
Fracturing/keylining the soil deep for moisture penetration and to aid in working / discing the top 7” of top soil
Works very well just have to go slow and have patience !
Did a small area yesterday and it looks like I have monster moles!

/ Big Orange finally at the fort! #7  
Very nice setup. :cool: From the looks of the rear tires, you may need to drop the air pressure about 10 PSI. You should have 100% full width contact on the tread. The tractor will perform much better.;)

Very nice setup. :cool: From the looks of the rear tires, you may need to drop the air pressure about 10 PSI. You should have 100% full width contact on the tread. The tractor will perform much better.;)

Tires are filled - zero PSI (said the dealer), that said ..... I will get the valve stems at top center and verify I am at zero, thank you!!

/ Big Orange finally at the fort! #9  
Tires are filled - zero PSI (said the dealer), that said ..... I will get the valve stems at top center and verify I am at zero, thank you!!

I bet those rear tires have 35 to 40 psi in them. Let us know what you find.

/ Big Orange finally at the fort! #10  
Filled with foam or liquid?

If liquid , still needs the recommended PSI.

If foam then I don't know what I'm talking about.

VERY nice setup!