Buying Advice North Texas Update on Purchase: Kubota M7060 vs JD 5075E

/ North Texas Update on Purchase: Kubota M7060 vs JD 5075E #1  

RickDe7

Tractor
Kubota M7060
Thanks to everyone that posted to my original post, they were all great comments and really helped me hone in on what i needed. I thought I would post an update to help others with this extremely difficult task.

I'm on 150 acres, about 40% woods and 60% previously hayed.

Purchased an M7060 12/12 CAB with FEL (Front-end Loader), Brush Grapple with remote, BB3578 Box Blade, and 8' Land Pride Mower RCF3096.

Few things on the purchase I gleaned on my research:

• Kubota, JD, New Holland and Case are all top tractor brands, listed in order from my research. Really defining your choice is down to how far they are away from you. Make sure they will drop off and pickup at your location and have a solid reputation.
  • Lots and Lot of people unhappy on the forums, youtube and even on JD's website made me steer clear of JD. Most all tractors under the 5090M and R series is made in India, which was the strongest reason that i did not go with JD. Fairly common statement is JD only makes good large tractors now (>100hp).
  • Most everyone seems to agree that next to the brand the dealer is the next in the decision point. If you don't have a dealer of the brand you want in your area.
  • Kubota's HQ is now in Dallas, which affects their operations in Texas zip to zero from what i can tell. All Warehousing for parts is not in Texas, and they are planning on shutting down the warehouse they do have here. All of the dealers we talked to complained about the time it takes to get parts, 2-3 weeks most of the time.
  • If you can get a tractor larger than you think you need, you won't regret it. I originally was going to go with a 4 Series tractor and really glad I did not after mowing for 22 hours. Size and weight matter a lot on long term value and potential resale.
  • Go with the largest Engine on the series you select. Price seems to be about $2k difference and in the end HP is what matters the most.
  • Does not really make sense to go used right now unless you can get a good deal. Due to the EPA changes everyone with an older tractor either keeps it or sells it at a high price.
  • Comments on 10-15% off list price is fairly solid assumption with better deals for larger purchases on more implements.
  • Props to Messick's, your videos are awesome. Keep up the great work. If you were in the south I would have bought from you guys for just the awesome work you do on the videos learned the most from those. Kubota owes you guys a great deal.

After 22 hours on the 7060 mowing and doing a little FEL work:

Love it! Grew up on old tractors without a cab and this tractor is a dream. Father calls it a Living room on wheels and not a tractor.

• 12/12 is a must, I would be kicking myself if i purchased the 8 speed. 12 is really not enough. I really wish there was a 24 on this size. It seems that the sweet spot to mowing on the 8' is L6 or H1 and a difference of 1.5 MPH at 2000RPM. That jump from L6 to H1 is a pain, having to stop and move to high gear. For me H2 is too fast, or i'm not comfortable yet. Hitting a rut at 7MPH under the tall weeds and I think I'm going to die each time. My eyes are peeled now after the first time that happened.
  • Cab is a must in Texas, hands down the best decision i've ever made. Mowing 6' tall weeds in old hay fields I don't think my sinuses would survive.
  • Due to the hogs and previous owner putting ruts on the land, I wish I got the air seat. Its a bit of a beating sometimes. Took me a bit of time to realize, ohh the seat is the suspension. I'm the suspension!
  • After hitting a few older logs on the size with 8' mower, it seems to wack the balance off a bit for a while, then it will even out eventually.
  • Can't use the FEL worth a **** yet. Not sure how to know what angle to hit, where the bucket is or what speed to use, but i'm sure that will come with more practice.
  • Have to have an Air compressor handy, need it to clean out the radiator and AC condenser constantly after mowing. Seems like this design could be better, i'm not sure on the other brands how they handle this. Air does a great job of cleaning up everything else as well.
  • Wishing a bit that I went with a 10' or 12' mower.
  • Still waiting on my Box Blade and Grapple.

/ North Texas Update on Purchase: Kubota M7060 vs JD 5075E #2  
Excellent advice and glad it worked. Post some pictures when you can.

/ North Texas Update on Purchase: Kubota M7060 vs JD 5075E #3  
Great review. Thanks for sharing!!

/ North Texas Update on Purchase: Kubota M7060 vs JD 5075E #4  
Great review. Thanks for sharing!!

Nice dog, ribbon and I assume family. Just the other day I saw a dog show on TV, a first. Would NOT want to be the judge. Really a lot of great looking/behaving animals. Too bad everyone couldn't get the Blue Ribbon.