looking for input on new backhoe

/ looking for input on new backhoe #1  

Qapla

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC40D HST 4WD FEL/BH
We are looking at substantial repairs on our NH TC40D with FEL/BH

It seems JD no longer makes the 110 and Kubota no longer makes the L39

So, as tractor backhoes go, I would rather one with a "turn around" seat instead of a separate seat for the hoe. I do not want a 3-pt hoe.

Still looking in the 40hp range

Thoughts, suggestions, ideas, brands to avoid, options I have not thought of ......

Thanks

/ looking for input on new backhoe #2  
Kubota no longer makes the L39 only because they introduced newer TLB models to replace it. If you're going for brand new, the L47 is the latest in that series. In between the 39 and the 47 was the L45. All are similar in size, with the later models gaining a little power, more features, and, unfortunately, becoming somewhat more expensive. All are seriously good machines. If you can find a well-cared for used one, it's also worth checking out.

/ looking for input on new backhoe #3  
Buy a used mini X for 10 grand, they are out there. I have a Volvo EC35 2004 that needed a new computer (3 grand) and the dealer offered me 3 K for it. I politely turned him down and found a new ECM from the Netherlands.

EC35, Bobcat 325 or 331. They do so much more work also and take a beating.

Best of luck, Fred

/ looking for input on new backhoe #4  
Buy a used mini X for 10 grand, they are out there. I have a Volvo EC35 2004 that needed a new computer (3 grand) and the dealer offered me 3 K for it. I politely turned him down and found a new ECM from the Netherlands.

EC35, Bobcat 325 or 331. They do so much more work also and take a beating.

Best of luck, Fred

I agree on the mini-ex. I operated a tractor backhoe (Woods 7500) last night after a year of owning mini-ex's and only operating them. What a huge disappointment. The mini is so much better and more powerful. 10 grand won't get you much of a machine around here, but 14-20k will do it. For the silly prices of new TLB's, you can have a good tractor with loader and a mini.

/ looking for input on new backhoe
Update:

After reviewing the options available to us in our area, we decided to go with repairing our current machine.

Thanks for the input - I agree with using a mini .... I have used on extensively for work. If the one I used did not not need so much work I would have seen about buying it from my friend since he no longer uses it ..... but it would cost way more than it is worth :(