Ls tractors

/ Ls tractors #1  

Jaymeduty

Tractor
XR4145HC
Hey guys,
Looking at buying a tractor for multiple reasons, we have 5 acres of timbered land in the mountains of northwest montana with a road 3/4 of a mile, and an endless amount of work to do. I am very interested in the LS tractors after I found them online, particularly the xr4040h. I cannot find a reason why these tractors are priced so much less then there competitors, Deere, kubota and even kioti. I have always been told you get what you pay for and that worries me that I will always have problems with an LS. Where are how are they building the tractors for less, what problems do you guys with yours

/ Ls tractors #2  
I think there trying to gain market shares with the LS name but who knows

/ Ls tractors #3  
The tractors are made in Korea. I have had 3 tractors made by LS and no major problems. The biggest thing with any brand is dealer support if there are any major problems. I can say that I have a great deal and have developed a good friendship with them also.

/ Ls tractors #4  
Welcome to TBN........
LS has been and still does build tractors for many companies who then put their name on them. I believe that back in 2009 they started building and selling their own LS brand. I own one because I saw who they built tractors for over the years, they have the best price, and come standard with the most options, and I think they are quality built IMO. The XR4040H (4000 series) and my XR3037HC (3000 series) have been replaced by the newer 3100 and 4100 series tractors. The XR's are the ones considered premium tractors and have the most options. Here's a link to the some history of LS. LS Tractors - Wikipedia

Early models came with a Mitsubishi engine, then Shibaura engines, and the newer ones have an LS engine.
I've had mine almost 4 years now with no problems. Read some of the posts in the LS section here and you won't find too many negative posts about them. All brands will have a few negative posts but I see very few on LS.

The main assembly plant is in North Carolina with others in Louisiana, California, and Illinois.

/ Ls tractors #5  
Try searching threads here and see what you come up with. I can't recall any negative threads on the LS.

The other tractor makers need to wake up and look at what LS has to offer for the price point on similar sized models.

/ Ls tractors #6  
We had a FarmTrac made by LS. Our had a FEL and a BH on it. We liked the tractor - but ..... we had quite a problem with the clutch. Had to have our replaces three times. Did it the last time ourself and discovered that the clutch disc was quite small - it was the same disc used in small Mazda pickup (that is what the shop that rebuilt the disc told us)

We got rid of the FarmTrac when we could.

I will agree, we liked the way the FarmTrac looked and worked, if it had not been for the clutch problems we would probably have kept it.

I have seen the LS brand - now that they brand their own and not just make others. They look good and seem to be well spoken of by the few I have talked to that actually have one - however, due to the problems we ran into we did not buy the LS.

My advise would be to talk to people in your area that own the LS and see what they think now that they have been using it for a while.

/ Ls tractors #7  
I recently traded my LS XR4046HC in on a new LS XR4155HC. As noted above the XR4155HC has an LS engine and the DPF regen. cycles are increased to about 50 hours between cycles. The XR4046HC did a regen. on about 5 hour cycle. I will say that the regen. cycles are really un-noticeable.

If you spend a lot time idling around the time between regen. cycles will be shorter. The only reason to idle would be warmup, if it’s really cold. I let mine idle for 2-3 minutes then increase to about 1500 rpms if I’m not ready to go to work.

I cannot speak for the other XR41XX models but, mine came standard with three rear remotes.

You won’t be disappointed in any LS you buy.

/ Ls tractors
Hey everybody thank you for the responses, I have done some research and reading and like you guys said I have found nothing negative, with the price and all the good things everyone is saying they seem almost to good to be true. The only negative I see is the only ls dealer is 300 miles from me. I have never seen a Ls tractor in person. The only thing I have not found in my reading is a rear diff lock, do they have one?

/ Ls tractors #10  
There are a good number of YouTube channel folks who have recent LS tractors and have done multiple reviews and many posts showing various things they do with their LS tractors of all sizes. You might want to spend a day or two watching some of those. Some are better than others, but if you find a particular model that interests you and fits your needs, it will be time well spent.