Most affordable CUTs with cab and A/C

/ Most affordable CUTs with cab and A/C
Thanks everyone

What are your intended uses?

For the cab? Staying the **** out of the sun and the angry ground wasps that I stir up, lol.

But in all seriousness some landscaping, some clearing of small trees and brush, getting rocks out of difficult soil, handling boulders, 1/4 to 1/3 acre of crops, and supporting my mechanical hobby where being able to add a hook on the loader with some chain and picking things like engines is super helpful.

Don't get hung up on the treadle on the Kubota or other brands that use one. I have to alternate among several brands of tractors on a regular basis and got used to all the pedal/treadle arrangements pretty fast -- once you're in the zone doing work, it sort of fades away.

I have seen on here where some folks will complain about the Kubota treadle and it seems like they are doing it wrong. Normally you alternate between having your heel on the floor and toe on the forward peg, or your toe on the floor and heel on the reverse peg. It's a fairly natural motion. For example, here is the forward arrangement:

View attachment 534874

Some people try to put their whole foot on this style treadle, which is uncomfortable both at rest and when rocking back and forth (our ankles don't work well that way).

There are other Kubota machines (for example Grand L) that have yet a different treadle arrangement, but I don't have experience with that other than a brief test drive. It was different but didn't seem like anything I couldn't adapt to.

If I have a complaint about the Kubota treadle or the Deere twin pedals, it's that after a day of heavy tractor work, I will often get into my truck and attempt to stab a phantom "reverse" treadle or pedal to go in reverse. You kind of get spoiled by the ease of forward/reverse an HST offers.

Yeah I wondered about that. While I don't prefer it I expect you are absolutely right that I'll just get used to it. Funny story about the phantom reverse pedal. I also have that when I transition from a manual to an automatic where I'll try to put my left foot through the floor to start the vehicle.

I went through the same exercise in October of 2016. I was pretty set on a 35-45hp tractor and wanted the cab for the AC. I really liked Kioti nx4510 but my local dealer was set on $32k +$1,250 for the third function. Ended up driving to Artrac in Clarksville and got a new LS XR4040HC for $24,500 with the third function installed.

All that to say I love the LS, and saved enough to load up on implements. Fit and finish is very good and it has plenty of power for clearing land and moving logs (my main task for it).

I really like the LS tractors. My main hesitation with them is that I don't fit very well on them, but that might only be an open station problem and not a cab problem. I think the open stations put the fuel tank behind the seat where the cab models have it under the tractor to the side. That could make all the difference in room.

Affordable is subjective.
If your paying cash then looking at the out the door price is one way to gauge affordability.
If financing, then you need to take into account that financing options can make a better more expensive tractor more affordable.

Then there are other variables that play in also.

Details of the warranty.
Ease and quality of local service.
Longevity of the dealer.

Then, not very many people buy a plain tractor.
What options do you want and what is the price with those installed.

Then there are implements and maybe a trailer.

Don't sell yourself short by focusing only on the price of a base tractor with a cab.
Consider all the options.

And finally, most on here would recommend shopping for the dealer then buying what you want from him.

This is true. At the end of the day Total Cost of Ownership is the name of the game. I just want to make sure right now that I'm not missing a competitive option. For example Yanmar messaged me and I forgot to even look at their options.

/ Most affordable CUTs with cab and A/C #12  
I'm a fairly large man (6'2", 255lbs) and I have plenty of room in the cab model. You're correct the tank is under the left side and I can't speak to the open stations as it wasn't a consideration for me.

My only real complaint from an ergonomics perspective is that I can't reach the parking brake when the right arm rest is down. Minor issue I suppose, as I rarely have the armrests down.

Best of luck in your search!

If you are looking for "the least expensive" don't you think you might end up with something of cheaper quality? There certainly comes a point when quality and quality control costs more. If that doesn't matter to you, so be it. And then there is the matter of resale value, which also might not be an issue.

I think in this field, you pretty much get what you pay for, generally speaking. JD and Kubota for instance certainly screw things up too.

Good luck.

That's definitely a factor. I guess the main point is I'm not looking for something premium and it seems some of the cab models tend to also trend towards premium. The Kioti CK3510SE I have learned is actually a premium model with a factory installed cab, where you can get a standard CK3510 with a dealer installed cab. Not sure on the price delta yet though.

You are not earning a living with your tractor. Data occasionally referenced here claims residential tractors average 80 engine hours per year, with mowing being the primary task for most.

If the weather is not tractor-friendly one day, do not get on the tractor.

There is always another day, until there is not.

I think you're basically right, but with my schedule free days aren't common and with my complexion and where I live being out in the open all day will kill me more days out of the year than not. I ran in to this problem all the time with my motorcycle (which I'm basically trading for the tractor) that when I finally had a day if it was spoiled by weather that was a really big bummer because I didn't know when the next day would come. That's one of the motivators for the cab for me, if I have a day I can use the day weather be damned.

I'm a fairly large man (6'2", 255lbs) and I have plenty of room in the cab model. You're correct the tank is under the left side and I can't speak to the open stations as it wasn't a consideration for me.

My only real complaint from an ergonomics perspective is that I can't reach the parking brake when the right arm rest is down. Minor issue I suppose, as I rarely have the armrests down.

Best of luck in your search!

That's really good to know, I definitely need to sit in a cab model. I'm 6'4" 310 and the open station on a XG3025 HST just can't work and the XR4140 is better but honestly not very good.

/ Most affordable CUTs with cab and A/C #15  
I looked real hard at the LS tractors and decided that they were made for people with smaller than size 12 shoes. The rest of the ergonomics were OK, but if my foot was not on a pedal, I had to work it around stuff to get it where I wanted it. Maybe driving shoes would help, they have a lot smaller "footprint" than the boat running shoes that I normally wear (they help the bad knees, not saying that I run).

/ Most affordable CUTs with cab and A/C #16  
Having both styles of pedals to deal with, (TYM & Kubota) I choose the Kubota mainly due it being more of a dummy proof set up. Often times I accidentally press the wrong pedal on the TYM, since they are so close to each other, which causes me to look down and make sure I'm on the right one, especially in critical situation.
In 2014 many tractors came out as tier4 units, some are having issues due to stricter emissions. Might be another reason to consider a used unit.
Also consider what are standard options (rear remotes, radio, lights, etc.). Comparing apples to apples, pricing (taxes & delivery)and warranty is why I went with the TYM.
Seems to many that dealer support means a lot as well, for me it wasn't, so far the T503 HST Cab has been a great unit with 0 issues.
Good luck in your quest.

/ Most affordable CUTs with cab and A/C #17  
I would echo the you want to have good dealer support. Although you are mechanical so that might not be as large of an issue.

In my tractor purchase I have Deer, Kubota and New Holland within reasonable distance for me.

The Deer sales team would not give me the time of day. Kubota was a bit better, but not much. The NH sales team was fantastic. This was from a dealer that sold almost exclusively large AG equipment. I bought about the smallest SCUT they make.

So I was willing to forego some better financing options from Deer and Kubota to get the better treatment from the dealer.

I am NOT mechanical. I have had the dealer to the 50 hr fluid change, a couple minor things under warranty and recently replace the joy stick that controls the bucket. The dealer did a fantastic job of supporting me. I do not think the local Deer or Kubota dealer would have done the same.

Of course none of that is a knock on those two tractors. Point is that you have to consider the frustration of not having good dealer support into the purchase price. Not sure how to quantify it to a dollar amount, but it is important to look at.

Also in my case the rough price equivalent in Deer and Kubota had other pluses and minuses. For example the NH can lift 30% more with the bucket than either the Deer or Kubota. However by bucket is not QA so it has its limitations too.

/ Most affordable CUTs with cab and A/C #18  
Just went thru the search and buying process. Bought a new TYM T454 with cab. $28.5 shipped to my door. It's a lot of machine. Details in the TYM forum.