Kubota L35 Backhoe

/ Kubota L35 Backhoe #1  

rba901

Tractor
Kubota L35 Cub Cadet (Lawns)
Good Day
I am on the point of purchasing a L35 for some landscaping work around the house.
I need some help understanding the different types of backhoes I have seen on these machines and maybe this is just something different for the L35逞エ sold in Australia.
The backhoe on the machine I am looking at is labelled a JR900, it has a plate saying that it made for Kubota Australia. Two noticeable difference from what I have seen on the US models is:
1.The arms are not the swing out variety, they essentially go straight down.
2. The rest point of the backhoe is offset, it has this very rail that the backhoe could slide along, a sort of side shift that you see on forklifts.

So if anyone knows the story on this difference it would be interesting. And any advantages or disadvantages within setup.

Cheers Ben

Last edited:
   / Kubota L35 Backhoe #2  
The US version of the L35 came with its own specific backhoe. The one that yours has is probably just fine and should be more versatile as you can off set the boom next to a foundation or other obstacle if needed.

/ Kubota L35 Backhoe #3  
Offset backhoes are apparently fairly common in Europe and elsewhere around the world, but are a rarity in the U.S. While I've never seen one personally, they seemed to me to be perfect for working in confined quarters or near existing structures that would be unreachable with a U.S. style of backhoe. Conversely, the U.S. type of backhoe is probably more stable on uneven or sloping surfaces and would probably be able to dig better when the boom is pivoted to one side owing to the increased lateral stability.

/ Kubota L35 Backhoe
Thanks guys. I’ve now got to do some practicing with backhoe and the whole tractor really.