Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DS4110

Default Re: Talk me out of a Kioti CK3510SE HC

In my search for a tractor, I didn稚 see much difference at all between brands. The only difference I found was price and customer service at the dealer. I checked out McCormicks, LS, Mahindra, Massey, JD, and Kioti for newer cuts, and looked at IH, Massey, and Landini for larger but older tractors. In the end I went for best value for my money, I drove by the Kioti dealer one day and saw a used Kioti had just came in and the price was right, so I bought it.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

Quote Originally Posted by paulfun9 View Post
    Its not lacking at all ! That's just something they have to convince themselves of so they can justify spending more money for their brand. The other argument you will see is when someone who has never torn the machine's down into pieces try and say one is engineered better than the other. Both statements are next to impossible to argue unless your an engineer or a tractor mechanic who has been inside both machines so it easily deceives the OP, and gives the current poster satisfaction in some form.
    You do not have to be any of what you mention a person has to be to notice things like metal thickness in important areas. axle beef, quality of welds, operation smoothness of controls, dash layout, seat comfort, lighting and general ergonomics. I feel engineering goes beyond the innards and what you see on the outside, may be a telltale for what is being used on the inside. Cost cutting or meeting price points can be invisible as well as visible.
    My Mahindra 3016 does the job for me but it is akin to a Fred Flintstone car in comparison to some of what I saw and experienced. Upon having to tear down the front mfwd of this tractor because of a gear failure, my assertions were justified to me.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DS4110

@arrow, I think you make a valid point, but I would also like to offer a contrary argument. Often in more recent times I have observed quality suffer for the sake of fit and finish, cars, trucks, tools, even equipment. Even with tractor manufacturers we see a huge investment in making them pretty with a lot of bells and whistles. Well this all comes at a cost; if a manufacturer has to keep within a certain price point then the money spent on beautification has to come out of build quality. A company that chooses to spend the money on build quality will have difficulty selling their tractor for the same price as one that has all the bells and whistles.

Have you ever heard the saying, they just don稚 build them like the use to?

I tend to believe that manufacturers focus more on visual appearance these days than they do on build quality. Aggressive sales drive the market, whereas customer service and support has fallen by the wayside. I don稚 think any brand is immune to this.

I learned from my mistakes here. Now I知 always leary of robust ad campaigns and excessive features.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK3510SE HC

Quote Originally Posted by plowhog View Post
    You are a very lucky man!

And thanks for the photos ... great looking tractor ... congratulations !!! We've seen the shiny photos ... now we need to see it dirty!
    Dirty!

Talk me out of a Kioti CK3510SE HC-img_20180112_175103-jpg Talk me out of a Kioti CK3510SE HC-mvimg_20180115_173229-jpg

Tractor
    Husqvarna YTH24V48 riding mower, Branson 3725CH

That's not dirty! We can still tell what color it is.

Congrats on the new tractor.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456