Talk me out of a Kioti CK3510SE HC

/ Talk me out of a Kioti CK3510SE HC #1  

seijirou

Bronze Member
Tractor
17 Kioti CK3510SE HST, 23 Bobcat E35
I think the title kind of says it all. With a lot of homework, a lot of dealer trips, my own fair share of analysis paralysis, I've finally broken through to what seems like a winner, the Kioti CK3510SE HC. It will do what I need, it fits my tall, fat stature, and it fits my budget.

That said however the proof is often in the pudding and the real phase of discovery is in ownership and while I'm sure I'll discover something less than perfect no matter what I buy, I'd hate to walk into something nasty that I could have discovered ahead of time if I looked just that little bit harder or longer. I'm still open to an alternative if it means avoiding some pitfall.

Obviously I'm searching this model, as well as potential typo variations, into Google and soaking up all I can. Any of you have anything to share that hasn't made it to the internet yet? Spill the beans!

As always, thanks for reading. :drink:

/ Talk me out of a Kioti CK3510SE HC #2  
If you're going to buy something orange, why not buy the real thing? :) :laughing:
I'm a bit of a Kubota snob, but guys I know that have Kioti seem to like them. I think that most of your major tractors are pretty good, it all depends on your preference and the quality of the dealer you will be buying from.

/ Talk me out of a Kioti CK3510SE HC #3  
Hey welcome to TBN!
Your not going to get much help here as far as being talked out of buying a tractor:D
My brother has a baby Kioti that he regularly works the he!! out of with little to no problems.

/ Talk me out of a Kioti CK3510SE HC #4  
I second the kubota:D

/ Talk me out of a Kioti CK3510SE HC #5  
To me the fit and finish on a tractor is important. It shows the attention to detail by the manufacturer, which I believe is important.

I looked at Kioti and it seemed at first to offer a lot for the money. But the fit and finish of the models I saw was sub-par. If you are OK with that, well, time to buy!!! Maybe they have brought their game up a notch or two since I was looking?

/ Talk me out of a Kioti CK3510SE HC
If you're going to buy something orange, why not buy the real thing? :) :laughing:
I'm a bit of a Kubota snob, but guys I know that have Kioti seem to like them. I think that most of your major tractors are pretty good, it all depends on your preference and the quality of the dealer you will be buying from.

I second the kubota:D

Hmm, good point. I need to take a proper look at the B2650HSDC. Worst case I go back into analysis paralysis so why not? :laughing:

Hey welcome to TBN!
Your not going to get much help here as far as being talked out of buying a tractor:D
My brother has a baby Kioti that he regularly works the he!! out of with little to no problems.

Thank you! Good to hear, I appreciate the feedback.

To me the fit and finish on a tractor is important. It shows the attention to detail by the manufacturer, which I believe is important.

I looked at Kioti and it seemed at first to offer a lot for the money. But the fit and finish of the models I saw was sub-par. If you are OK with that, well, time to buy!!! Maybe they have brought their game up a notch or two since I was looking?

Yeah that is something that I am willing to compromise on for the sake of price, to a point. This Kioti was put together well enough to me that nothing jumped out at me.

/ Talk me out of a Kioti CK3510SE HC #8  
I'm not really up to date on the newer models.
But my (2001) Kioti DK 35 is 17 years old now with 2100 hours and I've really been happy with it.
Its been good, still runs and operates like new.

/ Talk me out of a Kioti CK3510SE HC #9  
Since you're asking to be talked out of it, I'll give it a try...

Why aren't you looking at the 40?

It's the exact same machine, same engine, same everything, but its cranked up to more HP. I've always been a believer in getting the most powerful engine available in a machine frame size, be it car, truck, or tractor, etc.... you will never regret the extra HP in that size machine.

http://www.kioti.com/wp-content/themes/2016-main/compareModels.php?models=9988,9991

Since you're asking to be talked out of it, I'll give it a try...

Why aren't you looking at the 40?

It's the exact same machine, same engine, same everything, but its cranked up to more HP. I've always been a believer in getting the most powerful engine available in a machine frame size, be it car, truck, or tractor, etc.... you will never regret the extra HP in that size machine.

http://www.kioti.com/wp-content/themes/2016-main/compareModels.php?models=9988,9991

Oh you're evil.

I don't know, I'll have to ask the dealer but it's looking like the price difference is about $2k and that gets you 2.5pto horsepower. As much as I would never regret another couple horse when I think about the opportunity cost of that $2k I'm thinking I can likely find more value putting it somewhere else like an implement or maybe even a better seat for someone over 300lbs. I'm not adverse to spending the money, I just want to put it to the best use.

You're still evil though, I gotta think about that. One perk is the dealer doesn't have one so it would be ordered factory fresh vs. on-the-lot-for-3-months fresh.