Tractor Sizing Size of Tractor for What we have

/ Size of Tractor for What we have #11  
We own a very similar property as the OP, eight acre horse property. I'm strongly considering either a Kubota L2501 HST or a Yanmar YT235.

Would recommend a five foot rotary cutter for the tractor rather than mowing the pasture with a ZTR. The tractor w/rotary cutter will be a much smoother ride, cut thicker material, and is much heavier duty for the inevitable impacts with rocks, sticks, debris, etc.

/ Size of Tractor for What we have #12  
We have 5 acres hilly mostly and L2800HST done great job taking care of any needs,but I wish my bride would have purchase Kubota B w/backhoe instead for my birthday at the time.

/ Size of Tractor for What we have #13  
L2501/L3301, same tractor chassis, same tractor dimensions, same engine block. The only differences are engine tune and the addition of mandatory Tier iV emission control paraphernalia. So if your implements will not fit a L2501, neither will they fit a L3301.

L2501/L3301 has a 'Category I' Three Point Hitch. Almost all standard weight implements should fit, with OLD, standard-size turning plows an occasional exception.

What was your previous tractor?

The next increment heavier/larger tractor in Kubota's offerings is the L3901.

My old tractor was an L275; I really didn't want to go down in HP. The 3901 also is essentially the same weight as the 2501 (2623lbs) and 3301 (2778), and what I likely would have bought if I hadn't come across my slightly used 2015.
I'm digressing though, and not addressing the OP's needs.

/ Size of Tractor for What we have #14  
We have 5 acres hilly mostly and L2800HST done great job taking care of any needs,but I wish my bride would have purchase Kubota B w/backhoe instead for my birthday at the time.

At least you got a tractor:D

/ Size of Tractor for What we have #15  
   / Size of Tractor for What we have #16  

My father's last Kubota was a 2800, and it seems like a good unit. The Woods 750 BH which I now have worked well on it.

/ Size of Tractor for What we have #17  
G'day Diane59 and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

I too have a 6 acre horse property. The most important thing to consider is 'what is the biggest task that you want to perform/use your tractor for?'

For me, it was that I was going to be feeding with round bales of hay = that meant moving the bales and storing them. For that one task, a 40hp tractor with FEL (front end loader) is the minimum required. Buy the proper tractor for the job.

Enjoy the site.

/ Size of Tractor for What we have #18  
You got some good advice on here. Like said above think about the biggest task you will need to tackle on a constant basis and go to tractor data . com and compare everything from size, weight, and lift capacity's front & rear to help nail down your perfect tractor. You will always have a task come up to big for any machine, but you hire those out.

/ Size of Tractor for What we have #19  
Since you state you will have a zero turn for mowing and the big differentiator between the two tractors is really just PTO HP. I would go with the L2501 if there is much difference in price. But if you think you will be using larger PTO implements get the larger one.

Which Jeff pretty much said.

/ Size of Tractor for What we have #20  
I have 40 acres and an L2501 hst 4x4 with loader. Works a woods 5 brush hog fine, pto chopper, 5 disc, carry痴 firewood, runs my 5 snow blower with no issues. I just sold my big tractor and plan on selling the L2501 since I need a cab (drive is 1/4 mile long) and need around 40-55hp/ more weight for moving bailage bails (up to 1500 lbs

For 20 or less acres a L2501 is perfect